News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Five Years (+10) and counting

Started by gasman826, 2014-05-20 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

cool...that 58 bird will probably have adjustable rockers arms on its FE, the ones I got were.  59 were non-adjustable.  I'd grab those too if not getting the whole car.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

I have a 390 out of a 74 long bed F-250 with adjustable rockers.  Has a C-6 behind it.  Came out because of gas milage for a 302 and was handed down to me (brother-in-law, milage change would never pay for the swap, people need to do simple math).  Didn't know they came in anything other then HiPo engines or was it just a pile of left overs from days gone by?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

I think I might have some adjustable rockers laying around, either from the 427 stuff, or 390 stuff.

gasman826

Not a lot of car work done over the last 1-1/2 years.  Life stuff came first.  Sold the house on the farm.  Lived in the barn for near a year while finding, remodeling, and moving into the 'down sizing' house.  Built a new garage at the DS house and moved most of the barn stuff.  The old barn was 4000 square feet and new is only 1200.  Some things are just not going to make the cut.

1) old barn
2) studio apartment in the barn
3) happy wife in front of DS house (you know...happy wife...happy life)
4) new garage

gasman826

Moved the tools and hoist into new garage this spring.  First priority was to get something to drive.  Got the Raunch Wagon a few years ago.  Drove it last summer but the transmission retired last fall.  First project in the new garage was to rebuild the Fordomatic.  Most of the summer was spent test cruising and making the Raunch Wagon more reliable.  Put several thousand miles on it so far this summer.  It's a survivor...just fix what needs fixin'.

1) Raunch Wagon
2)     "          "
3) Getting cooler...today was finally time to update the Raunch Wagon's heater.  Squeezed into the garage for new water pump, hoses, clamps, thermostat, and swap dealer installed heater for factory heater with new core and water valves.

gasman826

I moved the '57 Custom to the new garage.

1) started installing enough DynaMat so I could install the Vintage Air Gen IV Magnum and Power Window Specialties' wipers
2) PWS wipers in the cowl
3) wiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4) more

gasman826

more

RICH MUISE

Great looking garage. I wish I was suffering to get by on 1200 sq ft. Great looking cars, house and best of all a great looking happy wife...what more could a man need.
How long do you figure before the Custom is ready for the road?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I had a goal of plumbed, wired, and running (not drivable) by this fall.  I'm sooo slow and the leaves are starting to turn color.  The spring goal is not realistic.  Maybe next spring.

Jeff Norwell

Gary,WOW! You got it made!!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: gasman826 on 2015-09-20 17:12
I had a goal of plumbed, wired, and running (not drivable) by this fall.  I'm sooo slow and the leaves are starting to turn color.  The spring goal is not realistic.  Maybe next spring.

What the mind sees as a schedule and what reality hands us comes from two different play books.....still haven't figured out how to marry the two!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Agreed Bill... after finishing both my 32's.... the whole process started in 2000 with the birth of our Daughter and the death of my father.15 years to do both cars?.... I better hurry up and/or win the lottery.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

gasman826

Finished plumbing the brakes:

gasman826

Finished the Power Window Specialities (PWS) wipers and installed the cowl.  If you go this way...spray a little color on the wiper cable tube so it won't show through the cowl.  Cowl installs much harder with new rubber and thicker paint.

gasman826

Starting the exhaust
Flowmaster generic kit -- 3" stainless
QDP electric cutouts