News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rich mentioned it elsewhere, got me thinking.........

Started by Zapato, 2014-07-23 16:08

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

And here's the 4 door version
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

sprink88

~Chris

junior58

Imagine changing the front panels and making a phantom 57 Fairlane 2 door hardtop wagon, or going to the next extreme and grafting on rear quarters.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Zapato

You'd have to graft on the rear quarters or it would like a bastard stepchild. Wonder if the door skins are same? And of course you'd need to find that wagon to start with. Seems it would be easier to start with a Fairlane and graft on wagon roof and rear hatch. Rear side glass would be spendy. 

Well project Amarillo is out there waiting to take on the challenge.

I do know where there is a back half of a wagon to be had cheap, but its not a build I'd attempt.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Frankenstein57

There was a photo of a fairlane ranchero awhile back, wasn't Bill thinking of doing that?

Zapato

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2014-07-27 09:39
There was a photo of a fairlane ranchero awhile back, wasn't Bill thinking of doing that?

Would love to see those pictures. Anyone know where they are ?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2014-07-27 09:39

I was/am, doors are an issue, the jamb area at the latch is completely different, the 500 doors fit perfect except that little tid bit.  There is plenty of room in the vent/front track to adjust for the small difference in roof width and the flipper will make up the height difference.  The fin top will work out very nice.  I have collected the 500 side trim (the checks for a Retractable as well), just need the top of fin parts and to live long enough to finish......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

SkylinerRon

The fin moldings are available from Burtons.
Goodluck,
Ron.

RICH MUISE

I thought he meant he needed the actual fin...or full top of rear fender..since he was making a Fairlane based Ranchero.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Have the 500 fins.  The tail light housing is already bolted up to the current Ranchero quarter.  Of the four bolts that hold the bezel to the body the three bottom (two sides and very bottom) line up perfectly.  Plan to use it to start the "correct lines" to the door.  Plan on staying with the Ranchero doors right now, they are the exact same length as the 500 doors and the 500 trim will fit perfect.  Going to loose the locks and handles.  This project is a couple days down the road yet.  Might just go back 100% stock except the drive train.......just flip flopping on this.....see how life goes.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II