News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Update on the 57 Ford build.

Started by GaryI72, 2014-08-07 07:44

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryI72

Posted couple vids. Hope the links works. 1st time for putting together a presentation and uploading to YouTube. All done from phone so quality not spot on. There is a second vid of engine running for 1st time. This site has been a great help. We started this project back in the mid-80's. We were way out in the country with a Dearborn catalog and swap meets to find parts. Finding parts a lot faster in the information age.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=D7kJe0aEyzU

Here's a clip of it running.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=B_BNlqp5elo

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Great job on the video and the car. The video looks professionally done. I had to smile when I saw the two wood pieces holding the cowl in position...I've got so many pics with them on mine, I keep getting asked if I'm going to stain them or leave them natural.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

GaryI72

Yeah, thought about selling them on eBay when done. I only wish I had someone taking pictures when we were setting the motor and transmission in with the backhoe. Now that's country. One step above tree limb.

gasman826

NEAT!!!  Video and car.  Don't you just love the way that Milodon oil pan wraps around the lower control arms like it was made for it.

GaryI72

Yes, I'm happy with the Milodon. Relieved that it fit with no issues. I built the motor on my side of the state then hauled it four hours east in the back of my pick up.

512Fairlane

Great build.  I wish our 64B was that far along.  Did you use Crites motor mounts and headers?  What transmission? 

GaryI72

Thank you all for the compliments. Yes, Crites motor mounts. Mounts were perfect engine set down in with no problems. FPA headers. Very tight. Rebuilt the BW T-10. This is the one thing I get a lot of scorn on. I figure if I keep it off the drag strip and refrain from pulling stumps, I should be ok. If it doesn't work I'll look into a toploader down the road.

GaryI72

Update..

GaryI72

Few more...doors, tires, side pipes...
Side pipes are test fitted in. Need to do more adjusting.

Frankenstein57

Nice work, that is one nice fairlane!

jseth83

57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

Limey57

Gary

1957 Ranchero

GaryI72

Fun day today. Installed shifter, head lights. Fixed coolant leak. Jacked car up, ran it thru the gears, checked brakes. Dropped it back down. Was going to take down the road and back after setting idle for over 40 years. Tested the power steering, had the lines on backwards blew the seal out the top. Jacked back up, removed rack and pinion, pulled blown seal, called it a day. Test ride prolly wait till spring.

jseth83

What electric wiper motor did you get?  And where did the radiator come from?  Your whole engine compartment looks really neat.
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang