News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Update on the 57 Ford build.

Started by GaryI72, 2014-08-07 07:44

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

I did that the first time startup after installing R&P.  I guested at the hose hook up and went with the concept that low pressure hoses are the same size or larger.  So I hooked the larger port as the return line and the smaller line as the high pressure.  First time I've seen this back assed.  Started the car...blew the seal and smoked the belt.

GaryI72

The R&P was our fault for not reading instructions. We are experts in putting stuff on, taking back off, and putting back on again.
Newport wiper motor.  Had to rotate motor to clear valve covers. Griffin radiator.  We ran everything we could along the rails or hid. Still work to do. Looking back, I wish I had went ahead filled every hole on the firewall and created my own openings. We went with Old Air for heat/ac.

jseth83

Thanks for sharing!  I really like it.
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

hiball3985

Gary, the cars looks great. I can't help but notice it still has an original type single master cylinder, is that something that will be upgraded in the future?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

GaryI72

Yeah. Upgraded master and booster is next on the agenda.

gasman826

Real estate gets very competitive for both power brakes and hydraulic clutch.  Picture is how I did it...just one way.

rmk57

Quote from: GaryI72 on 2014-08-10 08:43
Yes, I'm happy with the Milodon. Relieved that it fit with no issues. I built the motor on my side of the state then hauled it four hours east in the back of my pick up.

Good to know about the pan fitting, I just won that exact pan from an eBay auction. I do have Crites headers and it's going to be close for clearance around it.

Nice job, car looks great!

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

GaryI72

Update. Moving along.

GaryI72

Couple more. Oil pressure good. Cramped inside the garage. Starts right up.

GaryI72

Few more...that should be it for awhile. Hopefully, gets some outside pics before summer ends. Picked up my hydro booster.

RICH MUISE

That's going to be one sweet ride...excellent Job, Gary!! Don't forget, if you need any special fittings (metric to an) for that hydroboost...www.purechoicemotorsports.com
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Quote from: GaryI72 on 2014-11-02 09:40
We are experts in putting stuff on, taking back off, and putting back on again.

We might be related, lol.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

GaryI72

Well...been awhile.
Took the 57 out on the road.
Little bouncy..460 runs great. Sounds great.
Nickel dime stuff from here on out.
Need to tweak the hood a little. There will probably always be something.

RICH MUISE

Great feeling isn't it?
The car is looking awesome. I like everything on it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

GaryI72

Time to button up my first cliff hanger video. This one is a little more condensed. Time to move from the project builds category. This site offered a tremendous amount of information. Thanks to Mr. Nolan for providing the paint codes. I did get the hydro boost installed. We moved out to the sticks where the Internet is strung together with bale wire.

https://youtu.be/eLNC65xxFCE

So hopefully video quality is not too bad.
I've learned a lot, (what works/what doesn't work).
And I've never been blown off by any members on this site that I have directed questions to during the build. (...and that was a lot!). Thanks for all the help.