News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rick Wurth just passed away...

Started by JPotter57, 2014-08-17 20:54

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Not sure if any of you had heard, but Rick Wurth, of Wurth It Designs, maker of many upgrade parts for `57 Fords, just passed away this past week.  Not sure of the details, one of my friends just sent me an email and told me.  I knew he had been in poor health over the last few years.  Right after he came out with his rack and pinion conversion kit, his wife came down with cancer, and was pretty sick for a while.  While trying to take care of her, and while trying to fill orders for many of his r&p kits, he suffered a pretty serious heart attack.  After he recovered from that, he was way behind on orders for his parts.  People either didn't know or didn't care about his condition, and tried to smear his name all over the internet.  I did my best to address that here when it came up.  Like i said, I don't know the details, but I speculate it had to do with his heart.  Moment of silence gentlemen, a fellow 57 Ford lover has passed on.  For better or worse, he stepped up and was one of the first to make parts specifically for our cars, and did a pretty good bit of R&R to make it happen.  RIP, Rick.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Very sorry to hear that.  He worked very hard but did over load himself when his wife became ill.  Talked with him on several occasions and he was most helpfull with a friend who bought one of his kits several years ago.  He was a good guy at heart!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

VwDrvFnd

Sad to hear the news! I talked with him about 2 months asking details About putting an aftermarket steering column in my car. He wasn't to forth coming but I can completely understand that. A man has to make a buck somehow and when you make your buck knowing the details you don't just give them out!.
RIP.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

BBoswell

I too am truly sorry to hear that. Over the last year I purchased two rack and pinion conversions from Rick and found him a delight to work with. He had gotten a lot of bad press but had turned it around and was excited to be back in the game. Rest in peace Rick.

Limey57

Sad news, I've got one of his R&P kits on my Ranchero, never met him but from what I've heard he was a genuine guy, passionate about his products.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Zapato

Lets hope he passed on his tooling so that his legacy of good products and service continues on.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

glen b henderson

So sorry to here about Rick, I talked to him several years ago when I was kicking around ideas for the fairlane that I sold to James's dad. Nice guy that got dealt bad hand.
Freedom is not Free

Frankenstein57

Never knew him, but he did some 1st class work, RIP