News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Friday night cruise

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-08-31 12:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

The local Friday night car cruise around here in Mass. usually has over 500 cars.
     I have been waiting / looking all summer for a 57 Ford to show up.   Finally this Friday night two nice cars arrived and one of them was a 57 Ford.  The other one is not a Ford, but it's a nice car in my opinion.

RICH MUISE

Love that Merc wagon...'62? Whatever year it is, there is a 2dr hardtop that hits the Goodguys show in Texas frequently..one of my favorite cars ever. I think I'm remembering it was a best of show at the Lone Star goodguys a few years back. I think Troy Trepanier (ref. Mark's post from last week)did one also.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Rich
     I need you to search your memory and think real hard.   The question is back in the days when you used to live  here in Taxachusetts....  Didn't they have 57 Fords here???   I kinda remember them at Richards Drive In.   Well at least I used to go there with almost a 57.  It was a 58 with 390 and one of those new 4 speeds.
     If so what happened to them?   Did you take them with you when you left here?
     They are gone.   I hardly ever see them at shows or car cruises.   With 400 to 600 cars at some of our events,  they just don't show up.  That's a big deal for me to see that one red + white convertible.
     If you did take them when you left, send them back where they belong.
Jay     

RICH MUISE

Wasn't me Bro....I left town in '69 driving a '64 Olds 98. Headed for California, and knew I was going to be towing a big trailer, so sold my '68 Dodge Charger to get rid of car payments, and bought the Olds. It got me around in California for a few years until I was making some good money.
I did have a '57 Ranch wagon I drove into Boston every night to school (Franklin Institute of Technology..established by Ben himself, no longer exists) for a winter, that was the last 50's car I owned until I bought my current one from my mother-in-law about 1999?. I'll have to check with my wife to see when her dad died, it was his.
I did have a buddy I grew up with that had a '57 Fairlane blk and yellow 2 dr htp. That was about '65, we put alot of miles on that car. Another of our group had a '56 Fairlane 2 dr htp, and my first car was a '54 Ford convertible. Never did drive it, sold it before I got my driver's license. My first car I owned that I actually drove was a '58 Fairlane 2 dr htp with a 352.
Things are pretty much the same out here for mid 50's cars..GM's outnumber Fords 20 to 1. I kinda like it that way. When I got my '57, I wasn't looking for anything in particular, to be honest, I probably would have been tickled to death if his car was a '57 Chevy. Now I'm sure glad it wasn't. I still like them, but too many around.

RICH MUISE

I don't know about '57's in New England, we only have a few Mass. forum members, but there is what looks to be a really really nice '54 for sale in the New Haven area. One of the Hamb members posted a link to it's craiglist. selling price imho is at least half what looks like it'd be worth. Don't know if it's still available...would look nice in your stable. The owner passed away, apparently the family selling it.
https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/4644754911.html

Ecode70D

Rich
      That can't be a 54.    It has a 55 grill and computers don't lie. HAHA
      Actually it does look like a nice 54  for the money.  And it also has a 292 instead of that experimental 1954 239 cu in eng..
       At this stage in life I ain't looking for another car.   I ran out of storage space.
        If we do have Mass.  forum members,  where are they?????
Jay

djfordmanjack

W O W !!! that 54 sure looks nice. just beautiful. Jay, I think you should sell off one of your cars to make room for the '54... :003:

Ecode70D

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2014-09-02 04:14
W O W !!! that 54 sure looks nice. just beautiful. Jay, I think you should sell off one of your cars to make room for the '54... :003:

Guenter
   You sure do have good eyesight to be able to see that big blunder in the right door of that 54.
I totally missed it and had to blow up the picture to find it.  Looks like the lower door patch panel
is about 3/16-1/4" wider than the door.  I wonder how the rest of the body work is.  Jay

RICH MUISE

Well, heck...the listing was deleted, so now I can't look to see what I missed.

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-09-04 07:45
Well, heck...the listing was deleted, so now I can't look to see what I missed.

Yeah Rich..... And you almost talked me into buying that car too.   Good thing I have a professionally trained pair of eyes over there in Austria who has an engineer degree  and is a master auto builder. 
      If it's deleted because it got sold, someone is in for a big surprise when he gets it home. HAHA