News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Parts list for Country Sedan

Started by MrArt2u, 2014-09-16 01:23

Previous topic - Next topic

MrArt2u

Hey guys, here's a quick list of parts we need for our wagon. If you have any of this available, let me know condition and how much.

Front seat. hoping to find this locally in Southern California for shipping reasons.
Windshield trim-need it all
The two tiny pieces of stainless side trim between the doors on Left side
A couple of armrests
A couple of window crank levers
Some E. brake parts (handle/rod pulls right out. Need cable and??)
The steel channels that support the bottom of the door panels (both front doors)
Cigarette lighter assembly
Brake pedal -automatic transmission
Rear-top of fin trim on two tone cars (separates the colors)

I'm sure there will be more...
Thanks!
Art

RICH MUISE

Emergency brake......more than likely it's just the cable that has broken. Dennis Carpenter makes a real nice replacement. I did a thread last year with detailed pics on rebuilding the whole assy. It's in the "brakes related issues" board, currently second one down. comparing my pics to what you've got should tell you if anything else is needed.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

MrArt2u

Hey Rich,

Those pics of yours helped a lot. It looks like I'm missing the cable (the housing is still attached to the floorboard) as well as the pulley, the spring loaded ratcheting mechanism up towards the handle, and miscellaneous hardware. I'm guessing it may be easier to source the whole assembly.

Regarding the cable, I saw that Dennis Carpenter has  it, but first, I have to check if my transmission crossmember was moved when the 302/C4 were installed. I may need a custom length if the difference can't be made up with the adjuster.

Thanks for the help!
Art.

Raven Rider

I have a deal for you.  Call Steven Pierce at 310-631-0053 he is in the list of suppliers.  He is in 29 palms and I was there yesterday.  I drove to his place from Mesa, AZ 290 miles and it was worth the drive.  I found every thing I needed and then some I didn't know I needed.  I got a complete set of window trim both windshield and back glass (I saved some for you) for my Ranch Wagon.  I know I saw most if not all of what you need.  Leave the Blue 1965 Econoline alone it is mine someday.  FYI take cash he doesn't take plastic.  If you talk to him tell him Jerry from Mesa sent you.

RICH MUISE

Art, also make sure you have the special clamp that hold down the cable's "collar" to the floorboard. It has a lip that locates into the groove on that collar, keeping it from moving, and thus allowing the cable to move inside the outer case. It can be seen in the pic you were looking at showing the hole in the carpet I was covering.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe