News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Parts run.

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-09-18 22:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

I went to 29 palms today to see Steven Pearce and wow does he have some 57 stuff.  I was able to get all the stainless for the windshield and rear window, all 10 headliner bows for my Ranch Wagon, a 57 hood because my RW has a 58 hood and a rear seat latch which I did not even know it needed it.  Lots of 57 parts and some really nice cars too.  Steven is a really cool man with maybe 45 years of dealing in Ford Parts.  I will be back to get more parts as soon as I know what I need.  I told him I'm going to take a week of vacation and show up just to look through the parts.

RICH MUISE

Nice score! Did you drive the wagon out there? How far is 29 Palms from Phoenix? Not that I need anything from him, but still trying to line up stuff to do while I'm out there next month.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

29 Palms is about 60 miles from Palm Springs off US 10. Steven Pearce has a gold mine of 57 parts.  Years back he operated a wrecking yard in  Lynwood, Ca (So. Cal). 

Raven Rider

No I did not drive the 57 because with out a working speedo or gas gauge I did not want to "test" my mileage.  As BWhitmore said he moved some of his stuff to 29 Palms.  I does has a lot of stuff and is a great person to spend time with talking old fords.  It is 288 miles from my house to his house and I really liked the trip back home I drove as much 2 lane as I could.  I'm tired of driving I-10 nothing ever changes in the desert!  FYI he only deals in cash or check and I was short on cash and I don't carry checks, I found too much stuff and did not know he didn't take plastic. Well he told me to go ahead and take the parts and just send a check back to him after I get home.  I have only talked to him a couple of times and he doesn't know me from Adam.  It made me feel really good that he would trust me to send him a check.  It is good to find an a person that still trust people like we used to do in the "old" days.  I also trust people almost to a fault.  I hope to see him again.

John Palmer

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-09-18 23:02
Nice score! Did you drive the wagon out there? How far is 29 Palms from Phoenix? Not that I need anything from him, but still trying to line up stuff to do while I'm out there next month.

It's in the range of 350 miles, "one way".

OH....and a "very scenic" drive too....LOL. 

Zapato

Google puts it just shy of 276 mi.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Raven Rider

I drive it in 4 hours from my house in Mesa, AZ and I don't drive 55  :burnout:  I'm heading back to see Steve in a few weeks I think this time I will tow my tear drop trailer and spend the night in the Joshua Tree camp grounds.  If anyone wants me to look for some parts PM.  I'm going for the floor panel that sits on the floor in the rear of my RW, a better steering wheel if he has one and a automatic brake peddle in case I switch from manual to automatic.  Maybe a couple of other odds and ends too.

RICH MUISE

Pedals were the same for a few years...I pulled my auto pedal out of a '61.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Raven Rider

Thanks Rich that is good to know