News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Leaf Spring Services in So. Cal.

Started by John Palmer, 2014-09-22 18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

John Palmer

I would like to give a "high review" of two spring companies that I have had experience with in both the Los Angeles, and Orange County areas.  These are both what I would consider as "go to" places for exceptional knowledge, and high quality work at reasonable prices. 

For the Los Angeles area, it's Atlas Spring, they are located in City of Industry (La Puente) CA.  Contact name (owner) is Fernando.

In the Orange County area, it's Deaver Spring, they are located in downtown Santa Ana, CA.  Contact name is Scott (owner).

Both of these well established "family owned" companies are run by the second or third generation.  They are VERY experienced in anything to do with leaf springs, of any sized vehicle.  They "have in stock" everything needed to "custom build new, or rebuild" your existing springs.  They are both old Blacksmith Shops that did buggy springs back in the day, would be my guess.  But they are run with modern technology, using yesterday's experience.  They both do lots of custom 4x4 truck springs.

While some of you may very well need to order "mail order" springs due to your locations, it's hard to beat having custom work done if you have a good local place.  Deaver Springs is only about three miles from my house.

I have been working slowly at getting my Ranch Wagon ready as a tow vehicle.  The new receiver hitch is done, and today I had the rear springs rebuilt to a stiffer spring rate, and all the bushings replaced, to carry the trailer tongue weight.  The next "tow package" step will be installing my new Borgeson power steering box.