Automatic Transmission shop in So. Cal. area

Started by John Palmer, 2014-10-07 00:12

Previous topic - Next topic

John Palmer

I recently had the automatic transmission go out in my daily driver, a 2007 F150 Crew Cab at only 80,000 miles.  After a very short "less than professional" diagnostic visit to a Ford Dealership, I ended up at California Performance Transmission in Huntington Beach, CA. for a rebuild.  This is a full service transmission rebuilding company, located in Orange County, CA.  They do everything "on site", including cutting apart, and re-building, then re-welding, and finally re-balancing torque converters.

The best part is this company is run by a old Hot Rodder that everyone just calls ART!  His full name is Art Carr (yes, the Famous One from the Dick Landy Torqflite drag racing days) and he still talks about his old '57 Country Wagon, and building, and driving FE powered A/FX cars for Ford Motor Company in the early 1960's.

If your tired of looking at the parts counter kid's "blank look" when you ask for a C6 pan gasket, and he tries to explain "his computer" does not show that it will fit in a 1957 Ford.........then you need to visit Art Carr's California Performance Transmission because they know their business and everything about "early and late" Ford automatic transmissions. 

They nailed the original problem diagnosis in five minutes, had the truck back to me in a couple of days, and at a total price that was much below my dealer estimates.  The service experience was "very professional".