News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Carter AFB Carb on 57 Skyliner

Started by ACESPACK, 2014-10-24 12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

ACESPACK

Hello,

I recently purchased a 57 Skyliner and although the car runs well I noticed the secondary's are not opening.  This carb is the AFB vacuum secondary style; not the Holley.  The diaphragm was hard as a rock.  Anybody know where I can purchase one?  I have searched all over and have failed.

Thanks much,

Jack

Zapato

have you checked with your local NAPA parts house, and have the counter guy get out the old parts book if its not in the computer.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

SkylinerRon

The Ford part # is B7A-9503-C   it is used on all Ford Carters 57-59
I'd search all the regular 50's Ford part suppliers and look thru Hemmings.
I found one at Carlisle a few years ago for my rebuild.
Goodluck,
Ron.

ACESPACK

Thanks for the reply's.  I don't have a good Napa where I live.  I have called every old parts house and those specializing in 50's Fords; some don't even think the Carter was ever put on a Failane and others say I have no chance of finding one.  I ran into a guy who owns The CARB SHOP.  Great guy, been around forever.  Very knowledgeable and very willing to help. He says he has the last four of these diaphragms around.  He'll sell one, but he wants $400 each.  A bit steep for me; for just that part.  I don't blame him; if he truly has the only remaining parts than that's the way it goes.  I just thought I should keep checking before I pull the Carter and put on a Holley.  Thanks very much to all.