News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Barris '57 Custom for sale

Started by gasman826, 2014-10-28 09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

VwDrvFnd

UGHHH I dont like the lines of that AT ALL! that squareed off look of the front and back is crap!
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Limey57

I like a lot of the Barris cars, but I'm sorry, I don't think the work on that one improves the lines of a 57.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hotroddonnie

WOW!!! I'm not going to say anything, I'll leave that one alone. HRD

57ford

sprink88

I like the front. Back, not so much. and interior doesnt work with it. Not a good one barris
~Chris

Lou

I have more problems with this than it's looks. Barris may have put on "Bondo" with a trowel but he did have an eye for style and no way would he have made the skirts look like they were just stuck on. Look at the bottom of the rocker where it meets the skirt, plus all those right angles. I'm going to contack the seller and ask what proof he has this is a Barris car.

Zapato

Lou, be curious to hear his reply. Not everything Barris built has been"beautiful'' or "stylish'' but one thing that owners have always valued even if modified from the original build is the Barris medallion. And if every car that George put his signature on at a car show was listed as his, well there would be a lot more of his builds out there.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JPotter57

It's not as bad as I was expecting, but still not my bag.  With modifications on these cars, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  As for me, I just can't see anyone improving the looks too much over what FoMoCo provided as automotive perfection back in `57.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-10-31 09:21
Lou, be curious to hear his reply. Not everything Barris built has been"beautiful'' or "stylish'' but one thing that owners have always valued even if modified from the original build is the Barris medallion. And if every car that George put his signature on at a car show was listed as his, well there would be a lot more of his builds out there.

Zap- :unitedstates:
I think the Barris in this case is Sam, not George. Nothing on that car flows right imho...too boxy.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

I was expecting it to look like this automotive abortion...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

sprink88

Oh god, What the hell is that James?????
~Chris