News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Neutral safety switch

Started by Kustom57, 2014-11-25 20:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Kustom57

Hey guys. First post on here. I've been lurking around since I bought my 57 Ford Custom. I'm starting to get things put together and the neutral safety switch is making me scratch my head. I bought a new switch thinking the old one was bad but it wouldn't start in park with the new one either. Finally checked the continuity and both seem fine. Put it back on and with the switch set at the point where it provides current which is at the neutral position. Started fine. But I can't for the life of me figure out the right position for it to start in park also. Any help would be appreciated.

Ford Blue blood

The 57 switch will only start in neutral.  It does have facilities for backup lights and that may be what you are reading thinking it may be park.  58 was the first year they would start in park and neutral.  Yours is good.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Kustom57

Thank you. I was wondering if that was the case or if I had to move the mounting position.

RICH MUISE

I never knew that...I wouldn't make a good car thief...I couldn't have started someone's '57 automatic if I had the keys!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe