News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

manual Bellhousing dust shield and fork

Started by DanTudor57, 2014-11-26 00:02

Previous topic - Next topic

DanTudor57

Prepping for a t5 conversion on my sedan

I was lucky enough to inherit a very clean, newly painted, manual bellhousing that I want to use for this swap. Unfortunately it doesn't have the fork, or any of the related hardware or even the the dust shield components. It is completely bare. On my car I do have a complete manual bellhousing setup (very very dirty bellhousing in need of a serious clean up and refinish)  Is it possible to transfer the bellhousing hardware from my running  transmission's bellhousing  to the already refinished bell housing?  I seem to recall there was something welded or riveted in place on the inside of the bellhousing. This refinished one has no sign of rivets or welds or broken pieces..

Also, is the dust shield available in the aftermarket or as a reproduction? The one on my car looks like a wilted hide scrap. It needs to be be replaced.

many thanks!

hiball3985

Inside the bell housing there should be a bracket that the clutch arm pivots on, it is riveted on. I think I got one from MACs. I've seen one bell housing that it was attached with counter head screws but don't know if that was factory or something that was modified. The clutch arm also needs an anti rattle spring that attaches the arm to the pivot bracket. You could transfer the arm from one bell housing to the other if it has the pivot bracket.

I don't recall ever seeing a replacement dust cover.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

petew

Dust covers are available  I got mine from Concours Ford Parts. They are made of leather. I also have a spare bell housing if you need pictures.

hiball3985

I wish I had known about the dust shield before I put mine together, story of my life  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

DanTudor57

Excellent information. Thank you.

I'll head over to concours for the dust cover and since the pivot  bracket inside the bellhousing is not there, I'll head to  Mac's for that.