News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

starting my 4.6 swap

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2014-11-30 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Just a thought...
www.coldhose.com
BTW, I checked their site and they are now making a compressor block that is usable on our Mark VIII compressors because they do not have the built in 90* elbows which are headed in the wrong direction. Wish they had that when I plumbed mine up, and I wouldn't have had to go the rubber hose route on those two lines.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

got my custom a/c fittings made up used 3 fittings and silver soldered them together.cost me $100 for each one

canadian_ranchero

here are some pictures;first one is of $200 in a/c fittings,2nd you can see with these fittings i can access the service ports under the battery box,3rd my 57 dealer installed polorair unit[needs assembly]and the wiring still to do,4th is of my wiper switch install and the o/d cancel switch i put in the old choke spot

canadian_ranchero

some more progress pictures

canadian_ranchero

update;trying to put as much time into this project as i can.i am about 95% done under the hood.picture 1 is of a/c lines and my rad,hose install.#2 upper rad hoses.#3 overall picture.

canadian_ranchero

here are some battery install pictures.i am pleased at how the bigger battery fit the modifyed 65 mustang battery box and how it clears the engine

RICH MUISE

I somehow even missed the pics you posted on the 29th. Wow, you're moving right along on the project. I'm surprised at the battery fitment...you made that work quite nicely....and the A/C fittings as well.
The unit in front of the radiator with the blue hoses...is that the oil cooler you were talking about? I assume the tranny cooler lines are in the radiator?, and is that radiator from the Mark VIII donor car? The smaller cooler in front of the condenser...is that the P/S cooler?
The red canister with the white cap and the ss band...washer reservoir?
I'm still amazed at how two guys can come up with so many differences on basically the same build.
How long before you get to turn the key?

canadian_ranchero

RICH;the unit with the blue hoses is the engine oil cooler.the trans cooler is the cooler on the passenger side[smaller one].the rad is a aftermarket aluminum one.the steel tube/pipe under the coolers going side to side is the power steering cooler[see post 219,last picture].the red canister is my water/alcohol injection system.if you look beside the master cylinder,you will see the cap for my washer bottle.under dash wiring to do still,fuel pump/lines to do.need to fix the spare tire well so i can install the fuel tank.finish back brakes.exhaust to finish.so still some more work to do 

canadian_ranchero

update;finished installing my heater,installed the radio and the clock took both of these apart to paint the orange hands/indicators.cleaned and lubed the clock,seems to work.the radio is a town and country unit that has a chip in it so it has am/fm and ipod connecter. working on hooking up the wiring under the dash.had a custom speedo cable made up and installed that[needed the speed sensor]

lalessi1

Who did your radio? Are you happy with it?
Lynn

canadian_ranchero

a place called carola radio in edmonton supplied and repaired/chiped the radio.he specializes in antique car and home radios.i just put the radio in so i have not tryed it yet

Lucky'57

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2016-05-20 18:10
update;finished installing my heater,installed the radio and the clock took both of these apart to paint the orange hands/indicators.cleaned and lubed the clock,seems to work.the radio is a town and country unit that has a chip in it so it has am/fm and ipod connecter. working on hooking up the wiring under the dash.had a custom speedo cable made up and installed that[needed the speed sensor]

Remember that the I-pod aux connector on your Town and Country will also traffic a Sirius Radio set-up in your car, ain't nothing better than that, mine is, as you know, hidden in the cubby hole and the satellite antenna is mounted on the back dash. I can give you a hand putting that in if you like. :) Looking amazing there Mr. Hoven!

Just to let you guys know how small the world is, especially when it comes to 57 Fords, come to find out Canadian_Ranchero bought this wagon off my Ma's neighbour. LOL
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

canadian_ranchero

update;i have the under dash wiring about 3/4 done.summer is almost here,harder to get time to work on this project.like i said before if i had time like you retired guys i would be finished by now

canadian_ranchero

hooked up the battery to test some of the wiring.NO SMOKE :003:thats a good thing

RICH MUISE

That IS a good thing.
Getting closer to that grin on your face when the engine fires up!!