News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

starting my 4.6 swap

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2014-11-30 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Nothing better than fresh shiney paint. Looking good.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

some more progress.i also see this is my 500th post :booty:

hiball3985

Looks good. Curious what spindle is that, looks like a spacer on the lower ball joint?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Congrats on your 500th post...just think where you'd be at if you hadn't abandoned us for a few years!...(just giving you a hard time). That's looking real good, Gary. You're moving right along.
Jim...I can't remember what spindles he's using, but they look like the Granada's I'm using. The spindle doesn't go all the way down on the ball joint. The spindle mounting arm would normally go down to the top of the ball joint's rubber grease boot. I used a section of heavy walled rubber fuel hose to fill in the gap and keep the boot in place..it looks like he used a big nut. He may have had a different reason.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-02-05 08:39
Congrats on your 500th post...just think where you'd be at if you hadn't abandoned us for a few years!...(just giving you a hard time). That's looking real good, Gary. You're moving right along.
Jim...I can't remember what spindles he's using, but they look like the Granada's I'm using. The spindle doesn't go all the way down on the ball joint. The spindle mounting arm would normally go down to the top of the ball joint's rubber grease boot. I used a section of heavy walled rubber fuel hose to fill in the gap and keep the boot in place..it looks like he used a big nut. He may have had a different reason.
I can't tell a Granada from a Galaxie, I'm just not up to speed on this late model stuff :003:. I wonder if the spindle doesn't go down further because it wasn't reamed? I have Granadas and they go down almost all the way. I had to add two washers to the top to bring the nut up so the original cottor pin hole could be used.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

canadian_ranchero

the spindles are from a lincoln versailles[they have a bigger lower ball joint hole than the granada,do not need to ream]rich is right,i used a nut as a spacer to hold down the boot.cotter pin hole lines up perfect.

canadian_ranchero

a little more progress

r stewart

I have a 1957 ford fairlane 500 and I'm putting a 1999 mustang cobra motor ( 4.6 doch modular motor) I need help on the pedal set up. My motor is a 5 speed. I was just wondering what was everyone was using. Thank you for the help.

pepfalcon

in my 57 fairlane, i'm using an automatic. have a 5 speed in my 63 falcon with 03 mach one. used cable on it. works great. so does hydraulic slave setup, preferrable to stock z bar setup.

r stewart

So was you able to hook a cable to the stock clutch pedal?

pepfalcon

had to modify the top of the pedal to accept the cable. drilled a hole through firewall for cable to pass through, and used a firewall adjuster to adjust freeplay'

r stewart

where I can pick up a firewall adjuster at? Can you please post any pictures if you have them? Thank you for the help

canadian_ranchero

update.got the front suspension done the front brakes are on and plumbed and installed a heavy duty front sway bar.took the diff apart,am cleaning and painting the diff parts.test fitting the rear sway bar and exhaust parts.there is not allot of room back there.had hoped to mount my fuel pump by the tank,not sure if i have room now

canadian_ranchero

looks like if i rotate the tail pipes above the springs[cut and weld],i will have room for the fuel pump and sway bar

RICH MUISE

I was trying to find a reference to your rear sway bar and couldn't....so, what are you fitting?