News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

starting my 4.6 swap

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2014-11-30 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

got a chance today to go parts hunting.a person i know has a few 57-59 fords.trying to get a heater control,59 signal light switch,and a 59 hood latch you guys say is better

pepfalcon

once you use the hood latch, you will see the difference.

lalessi1

Man, I put the '59 latch on mine a week or so ago....unbelievable difference!
Lynn

canadian_ranchero

trying to put in my wiper cables.you need lots of patience and small hands.and right now i have neither :005: 

Ford Blue blood

Pull the left side fresh air vent, full view of the pulley....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

r stewart

I'm put a 4.6 swap into my 57 ford and I'm going to use the 5 speed transmission,  I was just wondering if anyone else used the 5 speed transmission and what clutch pedal set did you use? Thanks for the help

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: r stewart on 2015-02-26 07:24
I'm put a 4.6 swap into my 57 ford and I'm going to use the 5 speed transmission,  I was just wondering if anyone else used the 5 speed transmission and what clutch pedal set did you use? Thanks for the help
check out the cable clutch kits for the early mustangs.they may work

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2015-02-26 07:16
Pull the left side fresh air vent, full view of the pulley....
yes i did that, just need to take my time

canadian_ranchero

found a post from about 5 years ago on the wiper cable install.i followed that and the install went well. :booty:

canadian_ranchero

update.going to leave the steering column out till i get the wiring done.have all my engine parts now.should be almost ready to put the engine in by sunday night

canadian_ranchero

found a issue with the intake,will need to replace the intake gaskets[it is almost like the gods do not want me to finish this project]

RICH MUISE

I'm sure you will, but while you're in there check the two electrical wire connectors that run under the intake.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

here are some of the tools you need to replace valve seals and install the cobra springs

canadian_ranchero

got the bearings and the cams in along with cleaning and painting.the cams have a smaller base circle so you need to set the lifter preload[32 times]so it takes a little time 

canadian_ranchero

having some problems getting the reground cams to time.two steps ahead and 4 back