News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

starting my 4.6 swap

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2014-11-30 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

using my 65 mustang as a bench

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I always wanted a rolling bench. Nice...future project?...looks pretty solid and complete.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

could use a paint job,rest of car is pretty good.put over 3000 miles on it last year

canadian_ranchero

painting the frame and steering parts,then in goes the steering and then the engine :003:

canadian_ranchero

got a bunch of painting done.when i was cleaning the frame i found the upper control arm bushings poor.so i am doing that now also.and while the r/h control arm is off i cut the back ear off.thanks Rich for reminding me to do this :003:   

canadian_ranchero

took the upper control arms off and decided,if i am this far,i will do the lower bushings too.so i took them off.all the pins came out with a impact.surprised me,on a car almost 60 years old   

RICH MUISE

Ha...that "while I'm at it" is a virus I think. If you don't, you'll wish you had.
It got me until there were NO more "while I'm at it" 's to be done. Sounds like you're enjoying working in your new envoirment anyway.

BP57CUSTOM

I'm not sure but I think using a Mustang for a work bench is considered a sin !
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

gasman826

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-01-27 08:22
Ha...that "while I'm at it" is a virus I think. If you don't, you'll wish you had.
It got me until there were NO more "while I'm at it" 's to be done. Sounds like you're enjoying working in your new envoirment anyway.
more of a calling

canadian_ranchero

a hoist is nice,took about 1 hour to pull all the control arms off

gasman826

Now's the time to do this stuff.  x2 on the hoist.  I like your wall liner...galvanized corrugated...cool.  Are you working in another garage with a taller ceiling for your hoist?

RICH MUISE

Gary...check out his post#4 on this thread

canadian_ranchero

the part of the garage the mustang is in is the original 24'x24' garage.i removed the back wall and added 30'x32' with 12.5' wall addition.the picture of the 57 on the hoist shows that part.the wall liner is roofing tin,harder to set on fire and reflects light well. almost done cleaning the frame,paint,then the control arms go back on

canadian_ranchero

some progress.see my post under steering and suspension for some info on control arms