News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

starting my 4.6 swap

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2014-11-30 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

update;other than a couple of clamps the exhaust is done.i needed to move my fuel pump over for more exhaust clearance.a little close to the left shock,but should work.i have some other places that are close to the fuel lines,but i put in heat shilds,so that will help.here are some pictures

canadian_ranchero

here are some more pictures

RICH MUISE

Great pics...thanks for posting. Looks great. Did you buy one of those exhaust kits with a bunch of pre bent u shapes, etc.? Great setup you have in your garage....I'm assuming you won the lottery a few years ago, lol.  What you did with the exhaust was what I had planned on doing until I realized how difficult it would have been for me without a lift. The underside of that wagon looks nice and solid.
Getting close to a drive?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

i had got a flowmaster kit for my 65 mustang a few years ago,but found out it does not fit convertibles and they would not take it back.so i modified this kit to fit.the kit came with 40 series mufflers that are too loud,i put in 70 series. i am still paying for my garage,i wish i had won the lottery [one of the reasons i am still working].need to bleed brakes,put the interior back together,top up oil in the tranny ect,not that long of a list anymore.need to check the wheel alignment also

canadian_ranchero

update;brakes are done.had one fitting leak at my residual check valve going to the back brakes.i had put it under the booster.i could see it,but not reach it.look at the picture to see what i did with this problem[from under the wheel well].the other picture is of my fuel filter heat shield and my trans pan drain plug protector.

canadian_ranchero

it is not my day.now my heater core is leaking :005:

canadian_ranchero

update;here is a picture of what is wrong with the heater core.one of the hose connections is eaten up so it did not seal.

canadian_ranchero

i modified the heater box[drilled a new hole for the heater core hose connection]put in a heater core from a late 80's ford van.had to do the wheel well mod.again,to get to the bottom hose.here are some pictures

canadian_ranchero

update;finished up the heater core install,got the tachometer working,installed the grill,found some issues with the signal lights,repaired that at the same time 

canadian_ranchero

put it down on the ground and drove it ahead about 6 feet.seems to run,stop and steer o/k.but the left tail pipe i thought would clear the shock does not,so i need to change that.still need to do a wheel alignment and some other small stuff[install seat,hood ect.].i am getting real close,maybe this weekend for a test drive.[if the stars align,gods in my favour].the exhaust sounds like a late model mustang  :003:

RICH MUISE

Sure wish I could hear it. I'm not real happy with the Magnaflows I chose. They're allright most the time, but under a low load, like going up a hill on a freeway, it develops an obnoxious droan. Problem with trying to hear something on a computer...it ain't gonna happen accuratly. My goal was close to a late model Mustang, so I'll be anxious to hear what your thoughts are after you get to drive it for a while.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

You might have to try Borla or a Magnaflow set of mufflers to get the sound you want.

Bob
57 AGIN

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-08-29 07:12
Sure wish I could hear it. I'm not real happy with the Magnaflows I chose. They're allright most the time, but under a low load, like going up a hill on a freeway, it develops an obnoxious droan. Problem with trying to hear something on a computer...it ain't gonna happen accuratly. My goal was close to a late model Mustang, so I'll be anxious to hear what your thoughts are after you get to drive it for a while.
i went with 70 series flowmasters

lalessi1

I used the Borla ProXS, the longer ones and an x pipe. I love the sound, no droaning, quiet at highway speeds.
Lynn

canadian_ranchero

update;got my left hand exhaust pipe redone.here are some pictures.i am using a h pipe on my exhaust