News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

starting my 4.6 swap

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2014-11-30 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Gary........lower radiator hose. What are you using, and of course to go along with that, what radiator thermostat housing are you using? Does your housing face forward?
I've got a loopdy-loop type of rubber hose that was actually the mid section of a longer hose. No problem with cooling issues, ,but the only hose I could find that was the right shape was the correct size on the engine side, but smaller on the radiator side, so I've got a Mickey Mouse setup with rubber bushings to step it down to the hose diameter. I've got a leak there that keeps coming back, so time to address the problem. I lose about 2 quarts a month,btw.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

look at reply 243 you can see the thermostat housing i am using.it is off a late 90's taurus 4 valve 3 liter.it is the same as the mark but has no fitting for the expansion tank.you can also see i used the stainless steel flexible rad hose[i do not have a picture of the lower hose but did use the same ss rad hose]i also changed the hose from the oil filter adapter[from a 2000 crown vic. the hose outlet is higher] to a 45 from the straight hose.if you look at reply 178 you can see where my rad hoses go on the radiator.hope this helps

RICH MUISE

Thanks for looking up your old posts.....appreciated.
Now I know what you did won't help. Radiator outlets are totally different, so which engine components you used won't help me. I bought some ss hose kits like you used, but couldn't use them........the bends were too radical.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe