News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

AR Torque Thrust D

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-12-04 15:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

Well I thought someone here was tired of the Torque Trust rims so I'm about to but a new set of 15x7 and 15x8.  Now I almost never ask for opinions but I'm going to ask this time.  My Ranch Wagon is semi gloss Black or some might sat flat black paint old school pin strips that are almost faded away ( I don't see a new paint job for a long time), so polished, gray center, satin black center or chrome.  I'm thinking polished rim and either gray or black center.

hiball3985

Almost anything will go good with the semi gloss black paint on the car. I think I would go with the grey centers since there is already so much black, I think it would help set it off.. Just my 2 cents..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BBoswell

I'll throw another 2? in the pot and agree with hiball3985. I think the grey centers would give a little needed contrast to all the black.

RICH MUISE

Jerry...I think grey centers also. If you end up not liking them, you can give them to me, cause that's what I'll probably go for.
There was somebody here who was selling a set of tt's, but they were 14's which is why I didn't look into it.
Jerry....a pm was sent this morning..your stuff is on it's way, but only made it as far as Alburquerque today.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Raven Rider

I'm leaning towards the Gray centers too or chrome.  Has anyone used the Torque Thrust look alike wheels?   Rich thanks for the update on the stuff.

BBoswell

I used the 5 spoke American Eagle wheels with the gray centers. TT are nice wheels but these were equally as nice and considerably less money. I think I paid just over $100 each.

robhaerr

I vote for grey centers with your paint job. If you had a shiny paint job, it might be a tougher decision!

Rob

BP57CUSTOM

Hey , I going to be different , have the centers powder coated Gold ,I remember some from back in the sixties and they looked really cool. They may have been available from the factory that color back then?
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

BP57CUSTOM

I have been thinking of temporarily switching the wheels from my other car to my 57 just to see how it looks. I guess the lug pattern is the same?
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

hiball3985

Yes the lug pattern is the same. Depending on the back spacing they may not fit under the rear fenders.. I like your 57 with the original wheels and dog dish caps.....
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BP57CUSTOM

Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

Raven Rider

OK I'm going with the Gray centers now on to the Tire choice.  I'm not a fan of TA radials by BFG I have had some bad luck in the past.  What other brand would you go with if not BFG TA?  Maybe Michelin?

lalessi1

I spent a lot of time on tires (like I do most stuff). It really comes down to size and what's available. I also preferred to look at recommended rim width for a given tire size. 15 X 8 (4.25 back spacing?) will be tight in the back.  225mm may be as wide a tire that will clear. Aspect ratio makes a difference in clearance. I originally wanted 235/70 tires, at the time I was gonna buy em there were T/As and Coopers. Didn't care for either. Wound up with 225/60. I bought the cheapest thing I could find figuring I would do something different before I smoked all the tread off anyway. Looks like the selection of 15' tires has improved even in the past year.
Lynn

Raven Rider

I have 235 and 215 on the car now (slightly rolled fender lips) but I have wide white walls and I want to go to all black wall.  The WW walls look ok with the steel wheels but I not to sure they will look good with the Mags.

lalessi1

Do you know what the backspacing is on the Torque Thrust wheels are. If they have the 4.25" back spacing that I suspect , I don't think they will fit on the back. In the picture, these wheels are 7 X 15 with 4.25" back spacing and 225/60 tires. The extra inch in width will be on the outside on an 8" wide wheel with the same backspacing.
Lynn