News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Anyone here own a '57 Ford Tudor Ranch Wagon?

Started by Ron, 2014-12-10 20:14

Previous topic - Next topic

dgasman

Upon looking closer at the emblems there is a difference , the 5 pin emblem is flatter , the 6 pin emblem has a slight curve . It hard to see in the pic but if you look closely its there
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Ron

dgasman:  The script on the right in the picture still has the barrel clips attached to the studs.  Any idea what their inside diameter is?  I need to locate 10 of them for my project.  Thanks, Ron...

djfordmanjack

Quote from: dgasman on 2014-12-18 11:50
Upon looking closer at the emblems there is a difference , the 5 pin emblem is flatter , the 6 pin emblem has a slight curve . It hard to see in the pic but if you look closely its there

what I thought. 5 pin= flat= Ranch wagon front fender
6pin = curved= Del Rio rear fender

djfordmanjack

here's the rear quarter panel of my Del Rio
6 script holes

Ron

dj--Nice picture.  Looks like you had to remove the rear wheel and probably get the car up on a jack stand to safely get the shot.  A bit of work in cold weather.  Thanks for doing that, though.  I am now comfortable that my 5-pin script is correct for my Tudor Ranch Wagon's front fenders.  Ron...

djfordmanjack

Ron, It was much easier than you think. I have my interior apart for getting upholstered so I just had to point my camera from inside of the car into the rear quarter area.

gasman826

Quote from: dgasman on 2014-12-18 11:50
Such a minor detail but finally an answer.  Super!!!!

I never noticed my six pin name plates have a slight curve!  It appears that I have a pair of Del Rio Ranch Wagon name plates.  So now I'm in search of a pair of Custom Ranch Wagon name plates.

Thanks for everyone's effort, time and research to resolve this issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

Gasman:  That great info and photo that dgasman posted brings up another interesting question: the template sketch you posted on here a few days ago to help me determine where to mount the script on my '57 Tudor Wagon indicates your fender has six holes.  If you traced that template off the front fender of your '57 Tudor wagon, does that mean your car came from the factory with the Del Rio Script on the fenders?  Stranger things have happened on the assembly line, I know, but it seems unlikely that the "curved" script would look right on a flat fender.  What are your thoughts?  Thanks, Ron...

gasman826

I was wrong.  The template was taken off the fender with five holes and the sixth added for the incorrect name plate that is the Del Rio name plate not a Custom name plate.  The template also matches the five holes on the Courier fender.