News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 custom 300

Started by ricky knight, 2014-12-14 07:45

Previous topic - Next topic

MT

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-12-14 07:53
Your in luck and just in time for Christmas!!!!! $60.000.00 CASH!

That car has been my screen saver for a few months.  I just started my 57 gasser project by buying some fenderwell headers.  I have to ask though, what is the reason for the disparity in the lower quarter panels?

hotroddonnie

Guys would radius the rear quarters to make room for a wider tire, and it was easier to change from street tires to race tires if you drove to the strip. HRD

Limey57

I've seen so many cars over the years that have had badly done radiused arches, either done using (badly fitted) wheel arch repair panels from a different car or cut out with a kind of rounded off-square shape.  Not many get it "right" but yours sure is.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

MT

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-12-16 15:54
Guys would radius the rear quarters to make room for a wider tire, and it was easier to change from street tires to race tires if you drove to the strip. HRD

I agree those are about the nicest radiused arches I have seen on a 57 Ford, but I'm taking about the behind the wheel.  Each side is different, but it looks like it was done with a purpose in mind.

hotroddonnie

Maybe Henry Ford knows that answer! HRD

ragtop

I think I saw one on the h.a.m.b. a black one for 11 in oregon

PALMO57

MT, what kind of fenderwell headers are you buying?  Are they prefabricated, (off the shelf) or will they have to be custom made?  I am really thinking about making my 57 Ranchero into a Gasser as I grew up in the 60's and still love that Gasser look.

djfordmanjack

palmo57, do you know Jeff Kottenbrook ? I bought my Del Rio from him , he's from Yuma. beautiful scenery!

hiball3985

Guy doesn't know the difference between a Custom 300 and a Fairlane. I thought it was a lot of rust for a California car then saw the Missouri license plates.. Looks exactly like my first 57 in 1966..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Ah c'mon Jim,That's Patina!
hahahaha
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

gasman826

MAX EFFORT on that trunk lid patina.

hiball3985

Just needs a good clear coat to preserve it  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang