News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Mad dogs & Englishmen.......... Project Binky

Started by Limey57, 2015-01-10 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Okay, it is known that although we (Americans and English) share the same language (ignoring words like grey/gray, aluminium/aluminum......) the English humour sometimes doesn't get the same understanding in the US.  However, our common interest in doing weird things to cars does tend to translate well on both sides of the Atlantic.  Some of you guys also like the quirky English cars that we've exported to you over the years (ignoring the Austin Marina and Plymouth Cricket.......) and they don't get much more lovable and quirky than the Austin (or Morris) Mini (NOT the newer BMW model!).

The original Minis have been raced/rallied/modified so much over the years that its difficult for something new to be done to one. n Until now.....

Take a talented English enthusiast with a dry English sense of humour, a rusted out Austin Mini, Toyota Celica 4WD running gear, a welder and a grinder..... and you have what is known as "Project Binky". 

The link below takes you to episode 1 (there are 8 in total, the car is now almost finished) and if you enjoy watching a talented engineer cut up a rusted Mini and install a 4WD drive train, you might find this interesting.  I've watched all of them and they're full of "tongue in cheek" English humour and are (in my opinion) really interesting AND entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txtMy7N1Fw0&list=PLGSOZAHg1yQEatqhWza_ae83e313-GLTO
Gary

1957 Ranchero

lalessi1

Thanks Gary for the post!!! I watched all 8 episodes, couldn't stop. Amazing craftsman ship and engineering....I learned a few tricks! It is funny as hell, I live 900 ft from a British pub owned by a friend, a fellow from Chelsea. I used to work for a company based in Cheltenham, the company was run by a scot who would visit from time to time. Culture is different (I am in the deep south) but I love dry clever humor. Let us know if they come out with more.
Lynn

hiball3985

Thanks Gary, I love these kind of videos. I like the British humor, my favorite Automotive shows is the BBC Top Gear, The US version sucks  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

Gary

1957 Ranchero

lalessi1

Awesome!!!! Thanks. Its almost as good as "Game of Thrones", LOL! :003:
Lynn