News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

dual master for drum brakes

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2015-01-11 12:26

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Gasman,
I couldn't help but notice the thing made from several adapters and an air hose fitting in the valve cover, what is that for?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2015-01-19 19:36
Gasman,
I couldn't help but notice the thing made from several adapters and an air hose fitting in the valve cover, what is that for?
Temporary fitting to pressurize the crankcase.  Using 5 psi of air, I test for gasket and seal leakage.  There is negative pressure in the crank cast and valve covers...vacuum on the back side of the pistons via Moroso vacuum pump.  Big cubic inches creates big back pressure.  Vacuum pump makes HP and helps keep the gaskets and seals in place.

hiball3985

Quote from: gasman826 on 2015-01-20 19:50
Temporary fitting to pressurize the crankcase.  Using 5 psi of air, I test for gasket and seal leakage.  There is negative pressure in the crank cast and valve covers...vacuum on the back side of the pistons via Moroso vacuum pump.  Big cubic inches creates big back pressure.  Vacuum pump makes HP and helps keep the gaskets and seals in place.
Thank you for the explanation, I'm way behind the times on all the hot rod equipment.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

canadian_ranchero

found some adapter fittings for the master cylinder.goes from the bubble flair to the stock size brake lines

RICH MUISE

That's what I used. Any fittings/adapters you need for any plumbing...fuel, brakes, A/C, etc. can be found at www.purechoicemotorsports.com.  They are in Lake Havasu, Az. Was there last year...great folks.
They have Metric to AN fittings including banjos. About the only stuff I needed they didn't have were A/C compressor adapters. I found some Springlock to beadlock A/C fittings at www.coldhose.com
Pure Choice also has springlock adapters for the fuel logs if you want to go that route (springlock to 6AN), but they're pricey,
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2015-01-21 19:09
found some adapter fittings for the master cylinder.goes from the bubble flair to the stock size brake lines
one did not fit.back to the store