News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fairlane 500,2 Door HT, INTERIOR Stainless Door Tim

Started by KYBlueOval, 2015-01-12 05:00

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm wanting to buy the  INTERIOR upper stainless steel trim piece for the drivers' door on a Fairlane 500 2 Door Hard Top. I have a pair (that I was told are from a 2 door Hard Top) , but the driver's door is damaged. This piece has a slight curve to it, and measures  32 9/16   from tip to tip, in a straight line. It is "Pointed" on the front end and "Squared Off" at the back end. Secured to the door panel with tabs, no screws.
I'd like to buy just this piece, but I'll buy the entire door panel or both panels if necessary.
I'll check this daily for responses.
Thanks to all here on the forum..........you have been a big help.
John

gasman826

Since no one has offered up a piece and you already have one, send it off to one of the plate and polish places for an estimate to fix it!  I've seen some really thrashed stainless repaired better than new!!!

Wirenut

Blue Oval I have a set. If you will send me an address and contact information I will send you a photo of what I have. Shipping cost and whatever you want to pay is up to you. I have no idea what the value is.

KYBlueOval

I think I have found what I need. Let me put it this way. I've paid for the piece and I'm waiting to receive it, to confirm it is the correct piece.
I'm putting together my own design door panels for a '57 Ranchero, as mine came without door panels. What I do not have is any trim for the lower portion of the door panel. Do you have any Stainless Trim pieces from a '57, or other years as well, that would run the full width of the door at say , six inches up from the bottom. The full width is approx. 43 1/4 inches. I'm a newbie when it comes to'57 Fords and do not know all of the various and different door panel trims that were available. But I've looked at enough pictures that I have a good idea of what I want to do. So please tell me about any long lower pieces you have. And like I said, I'm still interested in what you replied about.
my E mail address is   jlbparts@gmail.com
Thanks
John

Wirenut

Sorry Blue Oval, I do not have a piece of trim that runs across the bottom of the door, only the ones that run across the upper section.

KYBlueOval

Thanks for the reply.
I should get the upper piece this week. I'll let you know when I get it, If I'm still in the hunt or not.
Thanks
John

Lucky'57

Here is a shot of the door on my 2 door 57 500 Club Victoria, the PO redid in leather (yup those are 64 Galaxie handles). Hope this helps.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

KYBlueOval

Thanks for the reply and the photo.
Looks like the arm rest is '63/'64 Galaxie as well. I have a pair to use on my Rancher, along with bucket seats and console from a '66 T Bird.
Thanks
John

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Wirenut on 2015-01-18 08:44
Sorry Blue Oval, I do not have a piece of trim that runs across the bottom of the door, only the ones that run across the upper section.

I received the piece I was looking for, for the top.So I have both sides now.Thanks for your reply.
I'm still in the hunt for  trim pieces to go along the lower portion of the door.
Thanks
John

Contibob

There never was a factory lower trim. You will probably have to find something similar and make what you want.

KYBlueOval