News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bob's 57 AGIN is back to the shop (Santini's)

Started by 57AGIN, 2015-02-17 14:56

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

Here's the latest installment on the upgrade of Bob's 57 Agin's interior.  I've attached a couple of options I have with the rear seat interior side panels on my 57.  The first will show the rendering I got my ideas from (I think you've seen this before).

The first option is to do the rear panel exactly as it was drawn in the illustration.  The second option is to have the dark gray insert on the rear side panel carry through with the diamond pattern.  I'm going with option 2, as it looks more complete (it doesn't leave you hanging and wondering why the diamonds weren't continued.  The last photo shows the front seat armrest location after it was moved upward as much as possible.  In its original location the armrest struck the front seat base every time the door was shut, needless to say it required a lot of effort to shut the doors, this movement corrected that problem

Your thoughts?

Bob
57 AGIN

Marc

I'd say continue the pattern onto the rear panel. Otherwise it's exactly as you said, you're left wondering why it didn't continue through.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Like Yul Brenner once said to Charlton Heston, "So let it be written, so let it be done."

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Guys:

57 AGIN is back home once again.  The upholstery is almost complete there's just one thing remaining, a hole cut in the trunk floor & a cover to allow access to the gas gauge sending unit. These photos have been taken before the car goes back to Santini's for the installation of the hood, final gap alignments and miscellaneous touch ups.  The car is scheduled t go to Wheeler's Speed Shop the week of July 24th for finalizing the exhaust routing through the rear bumper and final bumper adjustments.  I need the car back before Saturday July 29th, as that is the 50th Anniversary of my wife and I and I'm driving her to the party in the same model car we dated in over 50 years ago.  My original 57 was only 7 years old when I bought it and Pam & I dated in it from 1964 until I traded it in on my first Mustang. My current 57 is a far better car than my original one, but I still miss it.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Here are a couple of more photos, before it goes back out of my garage next Monday.

Bob
57 AGIN

Ford Blue blood

Outstanding Bob.  Very nice work.  You hit a home run!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

WOW Bob!  Your car looks great.  That interior is spectacular.
Jay

57AGIN

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments.  I went to get some new tires & rims today and found that I'll have to wait about 60 days.  I was going to get Cragar 390CStreet Pro rims with knock-offs and Nitto tires.  However, I found out that Cragar is in the process of moving from California to Ohio (probably due to the CA Clean Air restrictions) and they won't be in production again for a couple of months.  Guess I should have done this before the interior, bummer!!!

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57chero

Good choice on the wheels, I am running them on my Ranchero I get a lot of compliments.

57AGIN

57chero:

Thanks, I'm not sure yet how much offset I can get with these rims.  I currently have Cragar S/S 15", 7" wide front & 8" wide rear.  However, this time I think I'll get 17" rims to give me more disc brake options. I've been assured that the Nitto Motivo 17" tires still have plenty of sidewall, because I really don't like the rubber band thin sidewall tires on classics or restomods. I've also been told that the Nitto Motivo tires have the same profile, width and diameter as the BFG's I currently run on my S/S rims.  Any additional info out there would be much appreciated.

Bob
57 AGIN

Jeff Norwell

Incredible Journey Bob., Incredible build and save.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

lalessi1

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2017-07-08 15:32
57chero:

Thanks, I'm not sure yet how much offset I can get with these rims.  I currently have Cragar S/S 15", 7" wide front & 8" wide rear.  However, this time I think I'll get 17" rims to give me more disc brake options. I've been assured that the Nitto Motivo 17" tires still have plenty of sidewall, because I really don't like the rubber band thin sidewall tires on classics or restomods. I've also been told that the Nitto Motivo tires have the same profile, width and diameter as the BFG's I currently run on my S/S rims.  Any additional info out there would be much appreciated.

Bob
57 AGIN

Bob, just multiply the width of the tire (in millimeters) you plan to use by .000394. Take that number and multiply by the aspect ratio and that will give you the height of the side wall in inches.

For example   225/60R 17 inch tire ....   225 x .000394 x 60=  5.3"
Lynn

57AGIN

Gell Guys:

57 AGIN is back at Santini's for final touch up work and installing the 58 hood. Almost all the touch ups are very minor buffing or real quick fixes, just 2 involve some real work (more about that as it is completed). It should be going into Wheeler's next week for the final exhaust re-routing and bumper adjusting.  I have a deadline of July 28 to get the car back as I'm driving my wife of 50 years to the Anniversary party my son & daughters are throwing us.  Who would have thought we'd date in a 57 Ford and 54 years later we'd drive to our 50th Wedding Anniversary in another one.

Bob
57 AGIN