News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Member 57 Fairlane

Started by oldave57, 2015-04-18 09:05

Previous topic - Next topic

oldave57

I just joined this website last week and wanted to post a couple of pictures of my old car.  I have owned this car for about 12 years, but it is nearly identical to the first car that I bought fresh out of high school in 1962 (when that car was 5 years old), so this car brings back lots of good memories from those days.
This Fairlane spent most of its life in Arizona so it was spared from the salt and snow of Iowa where it now resides (but is not driven during winter).  Some of the things I've done to the car since 2003 include:  292 Engine rebuilt (bored .030 over), Fordomatic transmission overhaul, new interior panels from SMS Fabrics, Vintage air conditioning installed, dual power brake master cylinder (keeping drum/drum brakes), electric wiper conversion.  It's a lot of fun to drive and I love the old Y-Block rumble from the dual exhaust.

lalessi1

Beautiful car, it looks extremely solid and well cared for Thanks for the pics. Welcome to the forum!
Lynn

BWhitmore

WOW - original paint?  Very nice!

Ford Blue blood

Welcome aboard, awesome ride, really nice!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

oldave57

Thanks for the comments.  I really don't know for sure if the paint is original.  The previous owner had purchased the car from an estate in Tucson, AZ and didn't know the complete history.  If it had been repainted, the paint job was very detailed because I can't find any of the usual repaint clues (overspray or paint seams).  The paint is the Ford enamel as it leaves a slight trace on the wax applicator when I polish it (usually once a year or so).
Regards,
Dave

Limey57

Now that is really nice.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Perfect. Thanks for posting the pics. Love the lakeside setting.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

WOW, what a beauty ! that is one solid and original 57 !

junior58

Gorgeous car, gorgeous setting. Welcome aboard.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Ecode70D

Welcome to the site.  You will find a lot of people here that  have done just about everything there is to do to a 57 Ford.  You also have a nice looking car.