News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Front fenders

Started by muzza57, 2015-04-23 08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

muzza57

Are 57 Ford Fairlane and Custom 300 front fenders the same?

RICH MUISE

The fenders are, the holes for the side mouldings are probably different.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

According to a newly aquired "55-57 chassis parts and accesories catalog". the Custom 300 and Fairlane 500 may even have the same mldg holes pattern.

rmk57

Are 4 door and 2 door fenders the same?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

RICH MUISE

Sort of misspoke earlier. Looking again in the chassis manual, Ford also differentiates between the "unique two tone" and non-two tone...apparently had different trim?? I'll let you decide.
This is a page from the Chassis manual Zapoto sent me.
I'm remembering reading something in the past about Ford changing something shortly after production began in regards to the trim.....something like the options shown on the page I posted were changed so that  all 300's and 500's got the two tone trim.

Sandiaman

My ranchero (66A) has no trim. Looks like (66B) has the trim.

Zapato

didn't take you long to put that parts catalog to good use. knew it went to the perfect place.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

SkylinerRon

The gold fender trim is different on Customs and Fairlanes.

Ron.

karaokelars

The gold is larger than the Fairlane and the upper stainless is smaller on a custom 300 the holes in the fender are the same.

Everyone know that the custom does not have the holes for the trim the custom 300 does

ems customer service

a update on fender patch's

jerry at  JERRYS SKYLINER provided us with some great fenders , new more up to date front fender patches are in the works, new outers and inners, should be done by fall of 2017

the ems guy

www.emsautomotive.com

gasman826

RICH MUISE

Great, thanks for posting on our forums.
Rich (Texas 57)