News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

update on Rich's build

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-05-07 23:40

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

It'll be delivered to my house, hopefully, while we're gone. We have house-sitters, or should I say pet sitters coming in while we're gone. The local ups dispatcher here is going to keep an eye open for it when it comes back and make sure it gets delivered correctly. I assured him if the local delivery driver tried to bring it back again that something was wrong.
Hopefully my backordered wheel will be here when we get back also.

OK...fun stuff....Over on the Hamb they've had this incredible Photoshop thread going for years. I had Moose look into my mind and see what I was visualizing as a finished product. Had him drop the front end, add rear/side exiting exhaust, and a purple ghost flame job. He even added the headlight rings that I don't have on yet. First pic is what I gave him to work with. I think I love it...may have to go from a thinking about it project (the flames) to a do it project.
Honest opinions appreciated guys...my other thoughts were alot of simple purple pinstriping.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Love it!  Stance is perfect, flames could be just a touch more subtle.

Like my exhaust to just "peak" out from the rear/outer bottom of the quarter.  As you sight the side of the car from ground level the tip is just barely visible.  The photo of the 66 Ranchero (sold and now deceased) has no visible exhaust but they can be seen from a lower angle.  Both sides exited at the rear/outer corner.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

BWhitmore

I agree with Bill, great stance, the flames are perfect, the exhaust needs to be an unseen turn down at the corner of each quarter panel. 

RICH MUISE

Actually there are a few things I'd change on the flames. As you said Bill, a little more subtle, and I'd like the lick that ends 8" or so below the door lock to go back to above the rear wheel well. I'd also change the straight edge following the fender contour above the front wheel well to something curvy....That said, my eyes popped open when I first saw it. It was so close to what I had been thinking, especially when I realized I was going to have to repaint some of the front stuff, and wasn't sure if I could get it to blend. (I still need to redo the  front fender near the hood corner, and I'm running out of left over paint).
Photoshoping is amazing...what a tool in the hands of the right person.

Limey57

When you think of all the paint and graphics "fashions" that have come & gone over the years, the one that has always looked cool are flames.  I love them (but I'm not keen on the "real effect" type), so I vote for the flames & the front end drop.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

junior58

Love the flames, love the stance, not so keen on the exhaust (love the car though, amazing build)
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Jeff Norwell

I would not do the flames.Your car is beautiful as it is now.Less is more.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2015-10-05 06:25
I would not do the flames.Your car is beautiful as it is now.Less is more.

totally agree on this, your car has such an elegant look right now that if anything I'd be adding just a very very very limited amount of pinstriping. but do drop the front end. with the exhaust sticking out as PS'ed you'd be setting off car alarms all over the place.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Wirenut

Add my vote to leave without the flames. The car looks great, I thing the grey is a good color for that car. Great job Rich.

clusterbuster

Looking sharp Rich. I agree- drop the flames- much better without them.

JPotter57

Another no flames...The gray on your car looks so good, it doesn't really need anything else.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

robhaerr

Agreed...no flames. Let it be a simple sleeper with attitude.

Best,
Rob

RICH MUISE

All the comments...for and against...greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
I was anxiously  following online  the delivery progress on my springs from McVeighs, and it looks like the second go-around was a success. My nephew called yesterday to tell me the stuff was delivered. The package was torn, but everything with the exception of possibly some of the  bushings was there.

RICH MUISE

Got another call from my nephew...my fourth wheel that had been on backorder arrived today !!! yeah.. I hope they sent the right one, lol.

djfordmanjack

no flames Rich ! just drop the front an inch, but not too much. hopefully your new springs will get you where you want.