News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Jamco Suspention

Started by 57tudor, 2015-05-15 18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

57tudor

Hi Guys,

Last year I found in this section of our forum that some of you had installed the disc brake kit that uses our original spindles offered by Jamco Suspension. I kept this in mind for a project intended for later this year. In checking their website the other day, I found they had a new website and the kit P/N DBC5764 was not listed. So, I sent them an email with no response and another one today with a very quick response. FYI for you all, this was their reply!
-----------------------------------------

Hello Rick.  Sorry we missed your email.  Unfortunately we do not do the 57-64 brake kits anymore.  We had too many fitment issues and had to discontinue them.  We intended on making them ourselves, but there just isn't enough request or demand for them

Sorry,
Jamco Suspension
-----------------------------------

So, do we have another source for a kit that will use our original spindles? I currently have the 72 Grand Torino Sport spindles, rotors, and calipers on my car and can't get the caster to come close to spec. This makes me feel that the spindles for that car are not compatible with ours in regards to the alignment. I'm wanting to put my original spindles back on with a disc brake kit to get the alignment where is should be, and I'm in the fabration process of installing power steering in my car as well.

Many thanks for any info you can pass along. My show season ends October of this year and plan to be ready to do these 2 projects then.

Rick
57 Tudor.
:unitedstates:

RICH MUISE

Good info to post, even though it's not good news that they discontinued the kit. Thanks Rick.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Quote from: 57tudor on 2015-05-15 18:07
Hi Guys,

Last year I found in this section of our forum that some of you had installed the disc brake kit that uses our original spindles offered by Jamco Suspension. I kept this in mind for a project intended for later this year. In checking their website the other day, I found they had a new website and the kit P/N DBC5764 was not listed. So, I sent them an email with no response and another one today with a very quick response. FYI for you all, this was their reply!
-----------------------------------------

Hello Rick.  Sorry we missed your email.  Unfortunately we do not do the 57-64 brake kits anymore.  We had too many fitment issues and had to discontinue them.  We intended on making them ourselves, but there just isn't enough request or demand for them

Sorry,
Jamco Suspension
-----------------------------------

So, do we have another source for a kit that will use our original spindles? I currently have the 72 Grand Torino Sport spindles, rotors, and calipers on my car and can't get the caster to come close to spec. This makes me feel that the spindles for that car are not compatible with ours in regards to the alignment. I'm wanting to put my original spindles back on with a disc brake kit to get the alignment where is should be, and I'm in the fabration process of installing power steering in my car as well.

Many thanks for any info you can pass along. My show season ends October of this year and plan to be ready to do these 2 projects then.

Rick
57 Tudor.
:unitedstates:

Rick, look at this kit. ROKuberski used it, see the "scarebird adapters" thread.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WILWOOD-DISC-BRAKE-KIT-FRONT-58-68-FORD-MERCURY-EDSEL-11-ROTORS-BLACK-CALIPERS-/291280155037?fits=Year%3A1957%7CMake%3AFord&hash=item43d1a6719d&vxp=mtr
Lynn

57tudor

Lynn,

Many thanks for the great lead. I like what I see and the price is right.

Rick.