News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

4.6 coil on plug testing

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2015-05-29 00:07

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

first picture shows the first test,set on 200 ohm, hook meter between small connectors.reading should be about .8 ohms.next picture, set meter to 20,000 ohms,go from one small connector to the spark plug connector, reading should be about 5300 ohms[5.30 on meter]last picture you go from the other small connector to the spark plug connector,5300 ohms[same reading as second test] hope this helps

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the info, Gary....I got mine all numbered and checked out today. I'm not sure what the acceptable ranges are, I only have the shop manual for a '95 Markviii.....On mine, the connector pins to spark plug connection ranged from 5.43-5.56 on 7 of them and 5.89 on one
You said the pin to pin ohms should be about 8 ohms..did you mean .8? your pic was a little fuzzy, but I think I see a (.) in there. mine all ranged from 1.1-1.4
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

my meter was on the 200 ohm setting,so .8 ohms would be .8 on the meter.the ohms reading do vary a little.your reading are within the ranges i have seen[i said 8 ohm in my first post,should have been .8.i have updated it]

RICH MUISE

Sounds like I'm good to complete the cop swap. Thanks for your help. I still need to do final buffing on one of the coil covers.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe