News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Almost a 57

Started by Ecode70D, 2015-06-27 19:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

This car showed up last at the local Friday night cruise.   In my opinion it is a very serious survivor.
All of the usual rust out places like headlights, front fenders rockers and lower quarters were just as nice as the day it was made.  I had to search to find a tiny bubble starting..   

sprink88

Nice car. I just cant get past the 4 headlights though.

I am a big fan of the hoods. Love the little scoops on them, and who doesnt like a Long roof?
~Chris

Zapato

I find myself going back and forth on the 58 hoods, its that huge front bumper that turns me off. Easy to get past the dual headlights. Nice wagon was it FE powered?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

No...It did not have an FE.  It has a 302. 
    It just goes to show that they are still out there. 

djfordmanjack

Jay, you know that I easily prefer the 57 over the 58, but this is one sweet wagon. The faded paint, perfect stance and extraordinary wheel tire combo make this a winner !

lalessi1

For some reason when I see a '58, I see two big teeth like that cartoon tow truck. I can't seem to get past that image.... I really do appreciate that car for the survivor aspect though.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2015-06-28 15:25
Jay, you know that I easily prefer the 57 over the 58, but this is one sweet wagon. The faded paint, perfect stance and extraordinary wheel tire combo make this a winner !
Those may be the older style Cragers that have been replaced with their Bonneville style. I'm seriously leaning towards those for my car over the Torque Thrusts...just for something different.

http://www.cragarwheel.com/products16-27/CragarSeries391GBonnevilleGray

This is a pic of a Chevy with the Cragers the owner told me were no longer available:

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2015-06-28 17:41
For some reason when I see a '58, I see two big teeth like that cartoon tow truck.

I also see that!  Of all the model years, '58 was a year when a lot of manufacturers didn't get it "right" when trying to accommodate the twin headlights.  For me the 58 Ford range just lost some of the beauty of the earlier and later years, still not as bad as the 58 Buick though in my opinion!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

djfordmanjack

Rich, the wheels on both the Ford and the **** 58 look really cool. I honestly think I have never seen these before. I like them better than the 'Kidney Bean' Halibrands design.
I wouldn't want the modern Cragar design on my (quite traditional) cars but they might fit your modern theme very well I think !

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-06-29 08:32
Those may be the older style Cragers that have been replaced with their Bonneville style. I'm seriously leaning towards those for my car over the Torque Thrusts...just for something different.

http://www.cragarwheel.com/products16-27/CragarSeries391GBonnevilleGray

This is a pic of a Chevy with the Cragers the owner told me were no longer available:

RICH MUISE

"I wouldn't want the modern Cragar design on my (quite traditional) cars but they might fit your modern theme very well I think !"

I appreciate your opinion...thanks.  I went to a large car show last weekend, and I'll bet 1/3 at least of the cars there had torque thrusts or similar 5 spokes. Add that to the gazzilions of new cars with spoked wheels now, and you can see where my "I want something different" thinking is leading me. I still like the 5 spoked wheels though.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-06-30 06:42
Add that to the gazzilions of new cars with spoked wheels now, and you can see where my "I want something different" thinking is leading me.

I'm in that line of thinking too.  Money was the issue years ago, "mags" just cost too much so other "looks" has lead me to looking at the many stock wheels out there.  The Ralleys on the 36 were blasted and painted in 1979, still clean up and shine after all the miles.  Those on the 66 Ranchero were put on the car after it was "re-born" in 1999.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Just found out "the Bonnevilles are not being made at this time, we are contemplating changes. There are some 17" still available"

Zapato

Rich, if you go to a big tire store like Americas Tire they can have their contact person check to see if there is a set sitting in someone's shelf. Not just within their own system (the store) but the rep can check with everyone that stocks/sells his product.

ZapAto- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Good idea...I know Discount tire out here is a Cragar dealer.