News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

427 Custom new member from Minnesota

Started by 48flyer, 2015-07-12 07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

48flyer

Hello from Minnesota. New member here, just north of Minneapolis.
Here's my 57 custom.
All original, single visor interior.
One repaint. Original Willow green.
Disc brake conversion.
Rear wheels widened to 8 inches.
427 side oiler powered.

Ford Blue blood

Very nice!  Welcome aboard.  Love the rear mounted antenna and peep mirrors.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

48flyer

Thanks. Someone, at one point, installed a radio. Thankfully they did a very clean job.
Can't figure out how to post more than one picture per post, so I'll add a few more below.

48flyer

Here you go

RICH MUISE

Just perfect!! Welcome to the forum. How long have you had the car? Any chance it came from Colorado?...looks familiar.
Your pics are small enough so that you should be able to post 4 pics per post..under the reply window where you clicked the "browse" button, next line down is (more attachments)..click that to add more selections.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I love it when they look original, beautiful car. That's a real sleeper. What trans behind the 427?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2015-07-12 07:59
Very nice!  Welcome aboard.  Love the rear mounted antenna and peep mirrors.
That antenae looks great on his car.....I've got two new ones very similar(have red plastic insert on the base) that I can't decide whether or not to install.....not sure they'd look right on my resto-mod, but I sure like them on his.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

48flyer

C6 behind the 427
It did come from Colorado........about 25 years ago. At that time it still had the 6 cylinder in it.
The guy I got it from (guy 2), bought it from the original owner with 49,000 miles on it.
Guy 2 was a die hard 427 nut. He did a great job keeping everything period correct.
It honestly looks like it left the factory with the FE in it. Still running a generator, even.
It now has just over 70,000 miles on it.
I've only had it a few days. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you guys as I get some miles on it.
The only complaint I have so far, is the gas tank is too small. :-)
Thanks for the hospitality

lalessi1

Welcome to the forum! I am speechless.......
Lynn

junior58

Stunning car, looking forward to seeing under bonnet shots. I have exactly the same antenna on my Fairlane but mounted in the centre of the boot (trunk?) lid.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

JPotter57

That is a great looking 57, flyer..like the rest of the guys, I am anxious to see the underhood shots now.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

MT

Beautiful car.  Nothing better than an FE for power.  I am a little north of you.  I have seen quite a few really nice 57s in Northern MN this summer.

SkylinerRon

Rich,
The antenna w/the red plastic insert is 1956.
They are cool looking.

In 57/58 the rear antenna was generally mounted in the
center of the trunk lid.
Some guys put one on each quarter though.

Nice Custom, love the sleeper look!

Ron.

48flyer

Thanks guys
Here's a shot under the hood. I'd like to find some original chrome pent roof valve covers. Anyone have a spare set lying around? :001:
Also the antenna appears to be a 57 T-bird accessory piece.

Ford Blue blood

That is just too awesome!!!!!!!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II