News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

firewall insulation pad question

Started by djfordmanjack, 2015-07-30 07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

This seller is offering the firewall insulation, but in the picture it doesn't look like anything close to a 57 pad.
Has anybody bought the pad from this seller ?
this is the auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300798263735?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_1033wt_1001

djfordmanjack

I think this would be the correct pad for a 57

RICH MUISE

DJ....The one I have, and never opened/used, looks like your second picture. Dale's Mfg/USA made. Dale's is the same owner as classic auto parts in Oklahoma City.
Got me to wondering how something like that is shipped...can't fold or roll it...makes for a really big box!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Günter

The first one is probably for a Toyota or some imaginary whatchamacallit. 

That second picture looks more like the  original one in my 57.

djfordmanjack

Rich and Jay, yes the second pic should be the right one. I had pieces left from my old insulation pad and the upper cutouts for the fresh air ducts definitely looked like that. I looked at these pads before and most times International shipping would be over 100$. the seller in the ebay auction states 20 $ for international shipping. Something is wrong here. it is made from cardboard and can't be folded or rolled. I will ask the seller if the pic is generic. But at 34.000 feedback I think he is doing most business with everyday modern
car parts and I'm not sure they will know the difference of a Toyota or 57 insulation pad, except from the part number.
Anybody bought the pad from this seller ?

djfordmanjack

Thanx Rich for the tip on Classic Auto OK !
I just looked at their online catalog and there you go !  :blob3:

seems the one pictured in the ebay auction is for a Shoebox. I will contact Obsolete (Classic) Auto parts. they are 15 $ less than on ebay.
I hope they will accept international Customers. I do not order from macs anymore.

Thor

Off Obsolete and Classic Auto Parts website relating to International shipping:

Ecode70D

Note that he claims to have 10 more available and has already sold 9 of them.   How does epay allow him to get away with a bogus ad like that?