News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

FE Headers

Started by lalessi1, 2015-08-30 08:42

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Yesterday I put a spare FE block/spare heads in my car to see if a set of headers that I accidentally acquired would work. I was absolutely shocked to find that they looked like they were made for the car. Unfortunately I am not sure of what these headers were made for YET. They have a number stamped on the inside of one of the flanges that I will report on after I verify that the clutch linkage fits.The only clearance issue is on the passenger side (also a shock) that can be easily remedied by raising the engine 3/8" or so. These headers are new and have never been installed on anything. They are a wye design, ceramic chrome finished, and have a two bolt ball type flange. A guy gave me these as a "guilt gift" after selling me a block that turned out not to be usable for my purposes, (I took a calculated risk with that purchase that didn't pan out, so I was good with the deal). He  didn't buy these originally and couldn't remember what they were for... a Galaxie or a Mustang???? My 462 should go to the dyno in a couple of weeks. I sold my 390 to a guy in Bentonville, AR  on Craigslist.
Lynn

lalessi1

A couple of more pics...
Lynn

rmk57

They look an awful lot like FPA headers. Always heard great things about them to.http://www.fordpowertrain.com/fpaindex/headers2.htm

Application looks to be 66-69 Torino.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

lalessi1

I had a quote from FPA for my car a while back, then this deal showed up. You may be dead on, my headers have "BLUE 3..."  something stamped on one of the flanges similar to the Torino header markings, I will check the numbers when I pull them off. I always thought FPA headers were the ones to use, never dreamed these could be a set! Thanks! I will follow up with FPA when I get the number and post the results.
Lynn

lalessi1

I spoke to Stan at FPA, a nicer guy would be hard to find, and I have a set of FPA headers built in February of 2002. They were designed for 67,68 Mustangs and Torinos. He said guys were using these in 57 FE Fords but he designed a similar "shorty" set to make the exhaust system easier to connect. "BLUE 3900202" 0202 is the date code!
Lynn

Ray

They look a lot like the old Mickey Thompson "Power Y's". Usually, those were 1-3/4". I wouldn't be able to tell without seeing them out of the car. I had a set that I used to use for a model to fit fe's in a few different cars.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird