News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

sway bar

Started by wv 57s forever, 2015-08-30 20:08

Previous topic - Next topic

wv 57s forever

:burnout:

while trying to get ready for the race next weekend i decided to put on some new front shocks . while i was  under the car i happened to notice that the sway bar had moved to the drivers side almost 1 to 1 1/2 inches towards the drivers side, almost out of the rubber on pass side. anyone have any ideas why?

RICH MUISE

I don't have a clue, but I'm wondering if it's the stock sway bar or an aftermarket.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wv 57s forever

so9rry stock. :deadhorse:

Zapato

only a guess, bushings are worn out or clamps are loose. does bar hang low enough that it could have been bumped?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

clusterbuster

That's hard to figure out why that would do that. My Custom had the original bushings and it had perfect alignment of the bar to the bushings when I changed them earlier this year. I think I would pull it off and get a new set of bushings and see how they fit. My new ones went on really hard. I had to grease them to get them to slide on, and then it was even tough.

rar1947

Had the same problem with an Adcco sway bar that installs just like a stock but slightly larger. Called addco and they sent me two thin split collars that I installed on the very ends of each side. Seems to have solved the problem as they haven't moved since. Would think you'd be able to find similar collar at most hardware stores.