News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

351 w headers

Started by Jimburnaugh, 2015-09-04 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimburnaugh

Hey guys, any idea if anyone makes fenderwell headers for a 351w in a 57?  Otherwise it looks like the bbk mustang headers.   Thanks.

57AGIN

Jimburnaugh:

Jim, no I don't, but I'll bet you can find out by checking at Galpin Ford out here in Southern California.  I've seen the Galpin Gasser at a number of car shows and his 57 has a small block Ford for power and uses fender well exhaust headers.  He and I have both had our 57's on display at the NHRA WinterNationals in the Hot Rod Reunion area.

Bob
57 AGIN

Jimburnaugh

Thanks for the tip. 

57AGIN

Jim:

Although, the Galpin Gasser headers look pretty good I've always liked the look of fender well headers that swoop upward then downward to the collector.  To me those are the more classic fender well header look.  Rick Crawford's 427 FE Side Oiler has those kind of fender well headers.  I don't believe there is any more clearance issues doing that type of header on a small block, as the small block isn't nearly as wide as an FE.  I would think that any good muffler shop could do something like that for you.  Here is what I mean by the upward swoop fender well header.  Obviously that is just my personal preference.

Bob
57 AGIN

Jimburnaugh

I do like the look of the upswept headers.  Guess I'll talk to some exhaust shops.  Thanks guys