News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Brake pedal assembly needed

Started by Jimburnaugh, 2015-09-11 18:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimburnaugh

After looking at the manual and the shop pic sent me, I realized I don't have the correct brake pedal assembly in my car, my brake pedal is on the left side of steering column and part of the the shaft cover was cut away because the arm scraped on it.  The correct assembly is on the right side of the steering column.  Does anyone have a spare assembly not being used?  I've checked on line, doesn't seem to be any.  Any help would be appreciated.  Just put disc brakes on front, need to make them work now.   

RICH MUISE

I assume your looking for an automatic pedal assembly??...you didn't mention a clutch pedal, which is what I'm guessing the previous owner tried to use for a brake pedal.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Either an automatic or a manual setup will work.  If you have an automatic car and a manual assembly you can disassemble and remove the clutch pedal or just cut it off.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jimburnaugh

You are right any assembly will work, I've cut off clutch pedals in the past.  Just trying to find either assembly.  Any suggestions? 

BWhitmore

Try the Ebay seller MostlyFord.    Located in Oregon.