News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Finally, my build thread..

Started by JPotter57, 2015-09-21 13:50

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

James, mine was originally white and I wish it were still white instead of black and white. I find that strange because my favorite car color has always been black. I love that Colonial White, also the Willow Green, but we have a 427 Willow Green floating around.... :003:
Lynn

Zapato

If you're going to switch away from yellow consider a really HOT orange, the 3 american oems had a few and Ford has had a few lately on the Shelby and mustang GT. The 2015 stang has one that is killer.

Am told that its a very small percentage of people that will buy a yellow car new or used. I love yellow cars only drawback to them is they seem to attract hornets by the dozen.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JPotter57

Well, the color has been chosen, the jambs are done.  Hopefully, this weekend can get the rest of the blocksanding finished, and the rest of the body painted maybe by Thanksgiving weekend.  Have a looky...
Got a lot of cleanup to do in the garage, hang plastic, then will be ready to do the deed.  Can't wait to see this old heap in color, finally.  The 351C C6 combo will be coming out very soon, and replaced with my 427 and manual trans.  The FE was the big motivator behind all this, and really got me stirred up about it.  Ready to drive this thing, hopefully by New Years...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Jeff Norwell

Yes sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

lalessi1

Lynn

RICH MUISE

Yes...looking good. Can't go wrong with red. THIS New Years??? lol
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Looks GREAT! Glad you are going with the FE, just what the doctor ordered for a 57...
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JPotter57

Yeah Bill..the more I looked the yellow, the less I liked it.  When I snagged the FE, thats when I made my mind up to go with red..  and yes, Rich, THIS new years, lol...thats the plan.
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

RED is a great color as long as its not resale RED, lol

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

Gary

1957 Ranchero

JPotter57

Naw, Zap, this red is called James' Favorite Color Red. .not going anywhere.
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

My 427 MR heads got here yesterday..I'm like a kid at Christmas time...can't wait to get this thing screwed together.  Rings and bearings also here, should be together this weekend, and maybe back in the car next week.  Have some more painting to do before I put it back in.  Still have to get my flywheel resurfaced and clutch bought also.  It's coming, and it's going to be bad.
Old, loud, and fast.

Lucky'57

You know what they say? If you want to get something done, give it to a busy guy. LOL Looking good Mr. Potter. 427, that will get you into the Battle in time to do some slaying.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

JPotter57

It's been a while since Ive made an update.  It will be a little longer before I get pictures, but I am about 2 days of sanding away from starting paint on the body.  My roof is finished, all my seam sealer around the drip rails is finally done, and almost all of the blocking of the quarters is done.  I have to remove the deck lid, and do the rear pan and trunk rails, then finish the rockers.  Hopefully, by Saturday, it will be ready to spray.  I may take a day off next week and spray it.  Can't wait to get my doors hung again.  As soon as the shell is cured out, I will be getting the headliner in, and glass installed.  At that point, I can start installing the engine/trans.  Hopefully will get new photos of a bright red Ford this coming week.  427 goes in next week.
Old, loud, and fast.