News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Finally, my build thread..

Started by JPotter57, 2015-09-21 13:50

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Actually, if I ever had to do another, and wanted the seam, I'd carefully cut the badly formed back radius/flange off as I mentioned earlier, but I think with some careful planning, a new flange rear flange could be fabricated and welded on to produce the small radius as original.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Yeah, I was lucky to find the NOS panels...The EMS panels are as ill-fitting as the cheapie ebay panels, they just cost like 3 times as much.  I only paid 75 each more than the EMS panels for the real FoMoCo deal, and am glad of it.  I cant wait to get the new fenders home, get these panels in, and finish them.  These fenders are race car nice, but I wont be leaving them on this car.  As soon as the others are done, I will be swapping them out.  I dont mean to bash EMS, but for the money I spent on this stuff, I really expected a LOT better quality.  I could have bought the Schott panels and been as happy with the fit.
I guess, in the end, I can live with them, especially for a race car, and on this car until I get the 2nd set of fenders on the car.   Don't be too scared to use this stuff if your current ones are completely roached, because they are better than none at all.  Be aware, they dont go on like OEM stuff, there will be no seam between the fender and headlight panel, and a LOT of metal work and finishing.  If you can do that, you can work with these.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Still have a little bit of work to do, passenger side fender doesnt pass my scrutiny,  so will be redoing it.  Also, still need to sand and buff the whole thing, then put on quarter trim and other trim, mirrors, etc,  For now, I plan to drive it and fix thngs as I go.  Its been a long time, guys, 10 years this month since I dragged the completely gutted shell home.  Before and after pics below...
Old, loud, and fast.

terry_208

That's quite a change.  A lot of work to make a great car.
Terry

Jeff Norwell

Long time coming and you nailed a massive task James..... So well done.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

mustang6984

Looks like a lot better now. You should be proud...great job!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Looks really good, James. Can't see any issues with the fr fender in the photo. 10 years......almost exactly what it took me. Heck, you probably only had a half dozen or so kids back when you first got the car.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Very nice James!  Well done sir.  Makes me smile to look at the starting point and where it is now.  I still remember that wet, rainy day the quarter was cut off the parts car.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

Man, that was a miserable day wasnt it?  I was glad to get that put on the car, it sure made a world of difference in my attitude towards it/  Man, I was almost ready to sell it before Glen gave me that quarter..
Old, loud, and fast.

troublemaker427

Great job! I hope mine looks that good someday! 
Jody Aberts
Troublemaker 2
'66 427 Fairlane
9:22@145
'57 Custom Tudor 70A
'61 Fairlane 390-401
'64 Galaxie 500XL P-code
'66 F100 390

djfordmanjack

what a mission !
She looks terrific in red with silver wheels and OEM hubcaps,
WOW !!!