News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 ford dakota digial gaugepod

Started by Raven Rider, 2015-10-26 15:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

Has anyone used one of these?  I will be replacing my gauges with this and I'm wondering if there is any others that have swapped out their instruments?  Also is there any deals it looks like the prices are pretty well fixed.  Same with the mustang 5.0 wiring harness for painless.  I will be going all 95 mustang running gear this winter I hope.

RICH MUISE

Don't think I've ever seen Dakota stuff on sale. Maybe at least save sales tax by ordering it from out of state rather than a place local to you like Socal.
Painless.... Just FYI... Lots of threads on the Hamb place Ron Francis tops in quality, with American Autowire a close second, and Painless third. If there isn't a big difference in $, I'd sure recommend RF for the best quality if they have the right kit...odds are they do, I know they at least have some 5.0 kits. Components aside, RF uses gxl dual jacket crosslinked wiring.....more heat and abrasion resistant.
Painless stuff I have seen on sale frequently. Ron Francis won't be...their kits are all made to order specific to your vehicle.
Love that Dakota gauge panel, btw. If they had that out years ago when I was modifying my dash, I probably would have ended up with that.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

dgasman

I did buy one when they first came out , but have not installed it yet , (Life is not cooperating with me being able to play with cars at the moment) I did power it up and it does look nice. The lowest price I could find was summit . My only complaint with the unit is that it took 2 months to receive it, not that it really mattered since all I seem to do lately is just collect parts.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Ford Blue blood

Dakota Digital is the best!  A good buddy and I were trouble shooting nonworking power window controls from Dakota Digital while at the NSRA Nats.  Found the relays (four of them) were bad.  Water intrusion due to being improperly installed.  Took them to their booth and discussed the problem.  Walked out with new parts at no cost and an offer to send one of their techs out to help if there were any further problems.

2X what Rich said about Ron Francis.  I have installed many "kits" and find theirs to be the best.  The others mentioned are good as well but the follow up and individualized assistance for years after purchase of a RF kit is unparalleled!  Your RF kits has a serial number that is yours and only yours and if there is an issue they ask for that number so they can pull the specs of YOUR kit.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Raven Rider

Rich I'll check out American Wire but the reason I'm going with Painless is the $ Ron Francis is over twice as expensive for my swap PL $545 + _ as opposed to RF at around $1300.00 + -. Thanks for the replies.  I think I'll order a Dakota gauge pod.