News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

351 w headers

Started by Jimburnaugh, 2015-11-05 09:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimburnaugh

I know this has been beat to death, but here I go again.  Other than the BBK 1511 headers, does anyone know what manufacturers and part number for full length headers that will fit?  I see the posts where somebody buys two or three sets before he gets one to fit, I want to avoid that, can't afford that in the first place. I was thinking fenderwell but local shops were really expensive so that is out.  I would prefer full length headers but will go with the BBK if I can't find another set that will fit.   I have looked through the old posts, can't find any make or part numbers for other headers.  Thanks

JPotter57

My last 57 had a stroker Windsor with Hi Port heads, so I modified a set to fit.  I just used Patriot (used to be BlackJack/Cyclone) headers for a Cleveland, chopped off the flanges and welded on a set of Stahl headers flanges on.  Now, I have bolted a set of standard small block Patriot headers onto one, and they do fit ok.  Hedman I think may also fit, but not sure.  The Summit standard  long tubes are just repackaged Blackjack/Cylcone/Patriot headers, and are a little cheaper.  Get them to fit 1969-70 Fairlane/Comet/Torino/Cougar/Mustang, they are all the same part number.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Jimburnaugh:

I have a set of Tri-Y Doug's headers on my 351 W.  They were installed at Doug's shop in Anaheim in 2004 and I believe he said they were from the 1965 Fairlane with a small block for the engine. There may be some minor clearance issues with the Z-bar, if yours is a stick and over the years one of the tubes on the driver side seems to have been bent up a bit. But,with over 20,000 miles on them I still don't have any leaks (holes). 

57AGIN

Jimburnaugh: 

Oops, I forgot to shrink the photo of the recently re-Ceramic Powder coated Tri-Y header.  I shrunk this one.

Bob
57 AGIN