News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Brake Tech Solutions Disc Swap PART LIST. Please help!!!

Started by wilnutt, 2015-12-17 10:49

Previous topic - Next topic

wilnutt

I've had the BTS brakes on my '57 Fairlane for a few years now. I'm getting ready to replace the rotors, pads, calipers, etc. But,  I don't have the part list. I tried to call them, but it appears they've gone out of business. I did some research and it appears the owner had a stroke and they closed the door. I tried calling a few competitors of his, but none could help. Unlike everyone else who makes brackets that attached to the stock spindles, he sent customized spindle to work for the big Ford applications.

I have both the front discs and the 9" rear disc conversion. If anyone could help, I'd be so appreciative. I don't want to have to buy new stock spindles and spend another $1,200 to buy a new kit.

Feel free to email me directly at will.s@gatewayclassiccars.com

RICH MUISE

Unless it's a company like Wilwood or Baer that make their own calipers, what I mostly saw when looking at disc brake kits were kits based on either  a Ford Granada, Cadilac GM caliper or T-Bird calipers. Could yours posibly be one of those? Maybe if you could post a good pic of the caliper somebody might recognize it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Try to find a brake supply company in your area, they should be able to identify them. I buy all my brakes and parts from a brake supplier, not an auto parts store..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang