News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Matt (Meteor) needs a Ranchero body

Started by RAWms, 2006-12-31 16:37

Previous topic - Next topic

RAWms

Matt or handle Meteor sent me pictures of the awful discovery of his rear quarters after blasting.  He is still waiting to be site approved so I thought I would post in the mean time his needs.  I'll let him tell the story.

Meteor needs a Ranchero body to replace his old one.  The body probably could have been a previous doner car.  If you have a leads he would appreciate a heads up.   He is in Canada but can't remember where right now.   I think he is reading the site currently, just can't post so lead away.

Good Luck Matt, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

meteor

Roger, thank you for the post. Much appreciated.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

Glen Henderson

I just bought a parts car in KY that I have to go get. The guy said that he knew of 2 rancheros and a custom 2dr that were available in a package deal. I need the 2dr, but would be willing to give up the rancheros if I can work a deal with him. It will be a couple weeks before I can pickup my car, but I will check them out and let you know condition and if I can work the deal, if not, I will pass the contact along.
Glen Henderson

meteor

Thanks Glen, I sent you an email in case its easier for correspondance.

Glen Henderson

Matt, I didn't receive your email, spam blocker must have grabbed it. The wife keeps the setting on high or we get more garbage then we can sort through. But don't worry when I get up to look at the car's, I will get in touch with you. My cell is 334-799-6577, fill free to call.

meteor

Thanks Glen, I appreciate you looking into the rancheros for me. I'm also considering transitioning the project into a ranch wagon if finding a ranchero doesn't work out, so far I've no luck finding a decent car.

thanks, look forward to hearing from you.

57 Ford Kustom

aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

meteor

thanks for the link. I think my mind is made up and I'm gonna build a ranch wagon instead, much more practical with a new family.

Frankenstein57

Matt, you might try RancheroUSA.com lots of for sale stuff.I am curious as to how bad your car was after blasting.My project car has had some quarter panel repairs done on it.My rear tubs and crossmembers are solid,floors need repair.I just cut up an original Wisconsin driver which was so bad it will probably snap in half whwn the crane grabs it.Thanks,Mark

meteor

Hey Mark, there are a few pics of the exterior of my ranchero in the general discussion area (on this board), but that's not the worst of it. Just to give you an idea, from underneath it's obvious that there were many many repairs a long time ago, lots of patch panels everywhere put in with pop rivets, half the metal around the spare tire well was poorly fabricated as well as the floors around the wheel tubs - we had to cut away the floors to find the rear body mounts. Even the tops of the fins had many pinholes and the metal was paper thin.

That should give you an indication, pretty scary overall and the worst part is the car looked good (and I paid a decent price too) but you just never know what lies beneath the surface. I've learned a valuable lesson and my replacement car will be a different story.

Thanks for the website, I'll check it out.

Matt

Frankenstein57

fomocochoptop

I'M Making my Own Version of the Canadian Built 1958 Ranchero Check it out.  Roof Skin Is off a 1958 Canadian build Sedan Delivery Ribbed roof Chopr stop. Rear clip off a 1958 Ford Wagon. What do you guys think?

Frankenstein57

Looks cool ,I like the ribbed roof.I raced a 58 dirt track car in 75,then the next two years we reskined it to a 57, but then the true ford guys would spot the 58 roof.Was there a canadian ranchero?

RAWms

I like that '58 tail look.  That is bitchin.  r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

fomocochoptop

The Ford made the cansian built  Meteor- Check out Matts Ride. Front Grill and header panel script and Marker lights. I beleive all Canadian build 1957-1958 ford have Philco Type Radios.
Horn Ring also Reads Meteor on a 1958.