News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Custom progress

Started by Custom_Shelby, 2016-01-23 18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom_Shelby

And the 9" 350 ring, pinion & bearings are all from Jeggs

Custom_Shelby

It came out quite well.

RICH MUISE

Very impressive work...on everything! Thanks for sharing it with us, and keep it coming.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Custom_Shelby

No problem, engine & trans are next.

hiball3985

Thats some impressive work. The rear axle housing and third member don't appear to be 57?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Custom_Shelby

Housing is the original 57 that came with this car, the third member pumpkin (without ring, pinion or bearings) I used is 1967, originally came out of a Mustang GT.

hiball3985

OK, sometimes pictures can be a little deceiving, it looks like the center section of the housing has a flat area in the center?. I used a later pumpkin when I set up my 3:89 gears, I didn't want to use the 57 with the large pinion seal.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Custom_Shelby

Nope, no flat spot.  Just like the assembly line in 57.

Custom_Shelby

More progress on my Custom.  Completely re-plated, and re-painted 57 Ford small hubcaps, they look better than NOS.  going on custom built offset 15X7 chrome wheels by WheelSmith of Corona California with 225/70R15 BF Goodrich T/A Radials mounted, this finished out wheels & tires, next batch of photos will be the 360 HP 302 engine.

Custom_Shelby

Two more photos...

RICH MUISE

Those caps look great, both on and off the car.

Custom_Shelby

Yeah, the hubcaps came out great!  And now for the engine, a 360HP Ford Boss 302 crate motor from Blue Print.  now I need to find a small bell housing (157 tooth flex plate) C-4

Custom_Shelby

A few more things added to the Boss 302, one being the Shelby 289 / 302 cast iron headers, they breath as well as steel tube headers, plus a Motorcraft 65amp alternator.

Marc

Wow, everything looks great!

RICH MUISE

x2 This is one car I'd sure like to see in person when done.