News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 Ford Custom 2 dr

Started by strick, 2016-01-27 09:35

Previous topic - Next topic

strick

Guys, I received a phone call from the wife of a Buddy today, he is a Viet Nam Vet and currently in the VA Home here in Iowa. VA is telling her for assistance, she must sell his cars. He has a 1957 Custom 2dr, 351, AOD, leather interior, bucket seats, Locar shifter, Weld mags, all redone. This car is a turquois in color and has won many trophies. About 2 yrs ago he started to install a rack and pinion conversion, this needs completed and the car has been stored indoors all this time.  It has A/c, C/d and a real nice car. I will try to post pictures in the next few days. The car is located in Iowa. Vet has a tumor on the brain and this is not a good situation. If anyone has interest, her number is 641-499-2216. Thank you!

He also has a '56 F100. the rolling chassis is done, 4.6L Lincoln, AOD, the box is new, and the cab is rust free- all ready for paint. Just FYI

RICH MUISE

Thanks for posting, Strick...pics would be great.
You may want to advise your friend's wife of the scammers out there that wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of her situation. Even guys on lookout for them have gotten ripped off. I see stories on the Hamb all the time.
Best wishes for your friend.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I don't want to start a thing here....but....new issue of VFW just reported that the VA no longer uses total assets to set care limits and cost.  Copay and eligibility are now strictly income based after you are assigned a "group" and service connected links to the issue.  She needs to get with the patient rep at the center and get clarification or at the minimum get with a VFW/AL/DVA rep in the state for help.  When my dad had major issues with the VA mom went to the state AL rep and got things squared away in short order.

Now having said that, it is much better to get those things (cars, tools, and parts) taken care of while he is still able to participate.  I hope and pray I have enough advanced warning of my impending demise that I can take care of all my "stuff" so the wife don't have to.  I just finished selling street rods for two women who are left alone (one widow and one severe dementia) and still have the garage full of "stuff" to help with.  This has not been fun for either of us and the number of butt heads out there looking to take advantage is mind numbing!

For those of us that are continuing to have birthdays the decision needs to be made as to when to start "down sizing" and I'm afraid I'll just wait.  While everthing is still working as it should and the brain continues to function I'm going to keep at it!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Well said! I'm wondering if I haven't seen pics of that car somewhere in the last month or so...maybe the 57 thread running on the Hamb. From the pics strick posted, it looks like that car should bring some good money, and the rack isn't that big a deal.

John Palmer

Bill, Great advice for all of us to consider.  We tend to be active collector's and hoarder's of the things we enjoy.  It would be much easier on our families to put our affairs in order while we have plenty of time.  That said, I would hate to have to clean up all my projects in short order.

hiball3985

I totally agree. I started cleaning out a couple of years ago, I can actually get the 57 in the garage, first car that has ever been in there. I had my son go through everything with me and decided what to keep and what to dump. We scrapped 2800 lbs  :003: and labeled everything we kept for his future reference.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

strick

Thanks guys, I will advise her to contact the Des Moines advocate! GOD bless our Veterans! This car is pictured in the gallery photos, no clue who or when it was posted, several years ago. It is a VERY nice car.

Thanks again!

RICH MUISE

Couldn't find the pics in the Gallery...only turquiose one I saw was the blown one James posted pics of a few years back.

JPotter57

Hey guys, I am going to move this to the classifieds section.  Good wishes and prayers for your friend, Strick.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.