2016 Fabulous Fords Forever Show at Knott's Berry Farm April 17, 2016

Started by 57AGIN, 2016-03-07 16:48

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

The Ford Car Club Council will be presenting the 31st Annual Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show held at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA on April 17th. This year the Show will be celebrating the 55th Anniversary of the Econoline Van, 50th Anniversary of the Bronco, 45th Anniversary of the Pinto & Pantera and the 50th Anniversary of the 427 SOHC "Cammer" motors. On display will be about 20-25 "Cammer" powered cars.  We have planned to have Gas Ronda there and his "Cammer" powered funny car.  Ford's all new GT 350 R Mustang and as well as several other Fords significant cars will be featured.  Entertainment provided by Horsepower for an Hour (Automotive talk radio show) with live interviews from several celebrity guests, who will be announced in early April. This year we will have Linda Vaughn "Miss Hurst," Cleo Shelby, Butch Leal and Gas Ronda in addition to a number of Ford Motor Company notables.  The show expects about 1,800 plus cars and trucks including but not limited to the Model T?s, T-Birds, F-series Trucks, Broncos, Pintos, Vans, European-Fords, NHRA & NASCAR Ford Race Cars, and many more. There will also be a number of Sponsor/Vendors displaying their products, i.e., Ford Performance, Edelbrock, Vortech, Nitto Tires, Eibach, Tru-Fiber and others. Also Ford related manufactures Shelby, Roush, Saleen& Hillbank Motor Sports will have their cars and products on display. Bring the family and friends and see the Largest One Day All Ford Car Show and Enthusiasts Gathering in the West!
This is a perfect excuse to spend the weekend at the Knott's Resort and enjoy discounted theme park tickets, which will be on sale at the merchandise tent along with some cool Fabulous Fords Forever goodies.
The Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show, as mentioned above, is the largest Annual Ford enthusiast gathering and Ford car show in the Western United States. With support from the Ford Motor Company and Knott's Berry Farm, the car show is organized by the Ford Car Club Council. This council consists of 40 plus Ford Car Clubs and over 200 volunteers. Fabulous Fords Forever is free to spectators. For more information or to register your Ford vehicle, visit FabulousFordsForever.com.

57 Fords International is well represented on the Ford Car Club Council that puts on this show.  Every year we have a pretty good representation of 57 Ford cars, wagons, trucks and Rancheos.  Rick Crawford and Bob Lee are both active members of the Council and we could really use some help this year with showing your 57's.  Our 57 Fords are always parked in the 1949-59 Ford car aisle..  Rick and I hope to have the 1957 Fords be celebrated again in 2017 for our 60th year Anniversary.  I believe, other than the 1932 (Deuce) Fords our 1957's are the only single year Ford that has been featured as a Milestone Car.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Sounds awesome...wish I was closer. All those 427 cammers in one place..wow! I saw two this past weekend in Phoenix. Big Bucks stuff.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

We've firmed up some of Ford Celebrities attending Knott's this year.  Here is the latest:  Ford Drag Team displays, two of them this year.  One is for the active drag & other Ford race cars, the other the wild "SOHC "Cammer" bunch that is actually being coordinated by Butch Englebrecht & Marc Bodrie.  We hope Gas Ronda will be healthy enough to come to the show we've booked a room for him at the Knott's Hotel, also one for Butch Leal.  Linda Vaughn, & Cloe Shelby and  John Vermeersch Technical Advisor for Ford Motorsport Performance Equipment will  also be among the celebrities attending the event. 

Come on out to Knott's this year on April 17th, especially if you have any technical type questions you would like to ask Mr. Vermeersch.  I've been told that he has a wealth of knowledge about Fords and their performance accomplishments and endeavors.  I remember when I met him, he traveled to the Fun Ford Weekend shows to answer all the Ford performance questions posed by the racers and builders.  He's very easy to talk to and really likes 57 Fords, although I'm told he drives a '61 Starliner with an "SOHC Cammer" for power.

Bob
57 AGIN

MrArt2u

Tomorrow will be our first Fabulous Fords show, sadly, only as spectators as our wagon is too far from finished to show (or even make the drive.) I hope to have a chance to really document a nice two tone 4 door wagon as we're about to get started on her paint/body and interior. Having read your original post, we've set a target completion date of next year's show so we can celebrate its 60th anniversary with all of you in style!