News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

pulley

Started by wolfpupsdad, 2008-04-24 10:11

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfpupsdad

guy's i need a lower crank pulley , 3 groove for a FE 390 motor.

Ford Blue blood

Don't know that they exist but do know a two groove harmonic balancer and a steel pully work.  Had it on my AC equiped 62 T-Bird.  Many of the T-Bird suppliers have the two grove balancer.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

wolfpupsdad

ok , if thats the case , the water pump runs off the crank pulley the alternator runs off the crank and water pump and the a/c runs off just the waterpump pulley????

Lou

I have a 2 groove bolt on A/C crank pully. (bolts to the crank pulley) I took it off a 60 T-Bird 352, with dealer installed Ford A/C. Make me a offer.  Hotmail email vehicleone

Ford Blue blood

Nope.....stock 62 Bird had dual belts for water pump and generator (converted mine to alt.).  The water pump pulley had three grooves, the forward most was for the A/C.  The crank shaft had three grooves and the forward most was the power steering pump.  Thinking about it it seams like the crank pulley may have had only on groove and the steel pulley had the two.  Been too long ago and the car is sold.  But I do know for sure the belt arrangement is correct for the 62 Bird.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57tudor

Hi Bill
I remembered having this pulley set stashed away in the garage. I think they were off an early 60's T-Bird with a FE 352. Was wondering if this was what you were looking for. Please let me know. rcoffice@aol.com

Rick
57 Tudor

wolfpupsdad

thanks for looking rick , but i've got the pulleys i need out of california. i'm using the later style stamped steel type pulleys but have what i need now , thanks again.