57-58 ford retractable rear 1/4 panel

Started by ems customer service, 2016-03-09 08:48

Previous topic - Next topic

ems customer service

we often get questions about the lower rear 1/4 panel for a retractable,  although ems automotive does not make a direct fit panel for the  retrac's,  (demand is not there)  we do have a economical solution.  by using the rear 1/4 panel from a  fairlane 500 hardtop ( ems part #185)  we can repair your retractable with high quality parts.

attached is a photo of how to trim the 500 hardtop panel to fit the retrac.   i will avoid a lengthy text on how to do it as the photo tells  all.   if a larger view is needed  please got to www.emsautomotive.com  look under 57 ford parts and click  "photo album"

i would like to give credit to the car owner in the photo, but we have lost that information :( 

thanks for your support:  ems automotive

RICH MUISE

Good info. Thanks for posting that, and thanks for makin' stuff for our '57's!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

To EMS,
The reason there seems to be no demand is that Retractable owners have been altering the F-500
panels for decades to work.

I think you would find a large percentage of 57/58's restored over the years are  Skyliners.

If you want a fast selling panel try making  trunk floor extensions for Skyliners, also outer wheelhouses
for all 57/58's.

Contact the International Ford Retractable Club for info and you may want to advertise in their prizewinning
monthly magazine.

Goodluck with your future projects.

Ron.

suede57ford

Thanks for the photo and explanation.

Your company makes great parts for our cars.

We appreciate your efforts and quality.     

Pat
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

I will second that!  The floor pans and rockers were just a joy to work with.  Did not have a single moment of using my "outside voice" with putting them in.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II